Owner Op?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by jmcdaniel05, Jul 29, 2016.

1. jmcdaniel05

jmcdaniel05 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Is it worth it to become an O/O or just too much money?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    It is really up to you. Each person has different goals & lifestyles. I like my freedom more than driving for myself. I like to go when & where I want to. That is what I like the most & the add on is it pays pretty well too.

4. Skinny P

Skinny P Light Load Member

Aug 31, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    It depends on how much you like running a business. If you hate math, tracking fuel costs, calling dispatch, trouble shooting problems, and making big decisions; then bein an O/O is not for you. If you like thinking outside the box, and taking charge of your future then being an O/O is for you. I will also remind you that if you already think that being an O/O is expensive you have already lost the war. My mindset is always how can I get it cheaper, faster, or more efficient. Because their are tons of ways to be an owner operator.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  5. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    The question you should be asking is if you can put more dollars in your pocket than a comparable company driver position. It is a calculated risk. The second part of this question is how will you make the work work for your best interests. Think with 2 mind sets. A business owner and a driver.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.