Owner operator pay scale

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by TexasPhoenix, May 20, 2016.

1. TexasPhoenix

TexasPhoenix Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Been with Roehl 2 times in the pass. Started my career as a company driver many years ago. Returned as a O/O with my own truck a few years ago and left to pick my own freight. Don't need any specific info but just wondering the high and low amount is on the sliding pay scale for O/O on van nationwide. No use bothering them if the pay scale is too low. I have my own truck so not interested in lease program. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crazyk

crazyk Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Northern MN
    Range from .97 for 2000 mile loads to $1.34 for under 250 miles in National Van. FSC is not included in those numbers. Van also has a Load Choice board you can use 22 hours before your projected delivery. Can't tell you how it works since I am an O/O in National Refrigerated. I also got my truck outside of Roehl.

4. ETCH5858

ETCH5858 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Did you leave Schneider?

5. TexasPhoenix

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Yes, a month ago. Board was impossible. 65% of nothing is still nothing. Went to Fremont Contract Carriers (FCC). Back to a sliding scale with dispatch/planner. Still trying to get use to someone else finding freight which is trying at times. If freight ever gets out of this black hole I would consider returning. Was with Roehl as an O/O before Schneider so was just wondering what they were offering. Where did you land after Schneider?

6. Syd'sTrucking

Syd'sTrucking Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Why would you choose Roehl as an O/O? Or company for that matter.
    And Schneider? No wonder you people pull for .97/mile. Good grief.
    If I wasn't averaging at least 2.00/TTT on any given week, changes were being made.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  7. TexasPhoenix

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I started my career with them years ago as a company driver. I live not too far from Marshfield. At one point about 6 years ago I just needed to be with a company I knew and get the business stable. Did well with them for 3 years but got the urge to reach a goal of picking my own freight so moved over to Schneider while freight was going strong. Had to leave Schneider to take care of an elderly mother. Returned last year and freight and rates dumped. Plan on hanging it up in about 2 years. Was just wondering what the scale was in case I decide to end my career with Roehl. I doubt they would offer me a contract. Seem that they don't like rehiring former O/O. All it takes is one person on the rehire committee to decide they don't like you. Just happened to another O/O I knew in the past who had a clean record but they said "no" to even as a returning as a company driver.

8. truckerdo

truckerdo Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Omaha, NE
    What is the pay rate/scale at FCC for O/O if you don't mind. Couldn't find any pay info on their website.

9. truckerdo

truckerdo Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Omaha, NE
    and what is their fsc this week? thanks

10. TexasPhoenix

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    .99 to 1.19 + Fsc. I think .18. I really don't keep track.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.