Pacific Northwest storm warning

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by JReding, Oct 13, 2016.

1. JReding

JReding Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
    albert l and scottied67 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    So just your standard fall storm is coming. The media in the general seattle area sure like to blow things WAY OUT OF PROPORTION. its windy and rainny there for the next 6 months. Get over it, if you've lived there for more then a year this is just normal weather.

4. JReding

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
    I've lived here my entire life. I still live in the same county I was born in. How long have you lived here?

5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I've ran the dalles gorge when bizarre wind and rain storms slammed into the Pacific Northwest. Not fun and not normal.

If this causes the jet stream to lower significantly like that time last November (I think) it will hamper travel due to downed trees.

NavigatorWife and JReding Thank this.
  6. JReding

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
    I was down there when everyone got rerouted onto highway 14 on the Washington side because I-84 got closed down. That was definitely some wild weather.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  7. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Grew up in north eastern WA then lived in the north sound area for 12 years before moving to north idaho. Yes its strong winds and heavy rain but the media fear mongers any weather thats going to hit the area. Which is typical for anything liberal.

8. JReding

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
    Would you consider the National Weather Service to be liberal fear mongers? They're issuing the warnings. It's one of their forecasters who has been quoted as saying this will be something we haven't seen in years.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  9. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    Come on , people, keep it on topic, if you want to discuss ideology, take it to politics.

Forecasting is better than having no idea as to what is coming, you can be prepared and not taken off guard.

During fall and spring, abberant weather is especially deadly due to the unexpected happening.

10. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Couldn't have just tapped the Thanks button and moved on? Or just moved on?

I am on the edge of this right now over in Ontario OR, will be in Auburn WA tomorrow so for that I can really appreciate a weather report.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.