Papco Transportation

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Buster, Jun 11, 2009.

1. crowhrse

crowhrse Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Marcus Hook,Pa
    Hey Buster,
    Where in New Jersey are they located? Do you have their web address?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RJ33RD

RJ33RD Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    they're website is papco llc .com but it wont tell u anything as far as they're propane side of things they are not hiring, i called today and the guy said they're slow right now but keep calling back every couple of weeks

4. Buster

Buster Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Kingston NY
    Needless to say its "propane". So naturaly its busy in the winter. But we work year round. Drivers will come and go, I would keep in touch with them. I was hired in June of last year, so whats that tell you! Like anywhere else, they might not need drivers today, but they need drivers.

5. RJ33RD

RJ33RD Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Hey buster i will definately keep checkin in with them i need something like this job. i've be seeing papco trucks all around md now

6. surffish

surffish Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2010
    south jersey
    been following your progress. how's it going? still good? how's summer work? any problems with winter driving in n,y.?

7. Buster

Buster Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Kingston NY
    The job is great, I get enough work in the summer. I ride mc, so I'm not looking for a ton of hours, I need enough to pay bills with a few $$$ extra. As for winter driving, easy and slow, what's the hurry in snow. coulnt get out only one day due to snow, this was the day Int 84 was shut down from the Newburgh beacon Bridge to the state line. Called dispatch, they were great about it. Yes, I love my job!!!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  8. surffish

surffish Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2010
    south jersey
    been seeing their trucks alot since reading your posts. looks like good equip. how do they work it if you don't liv near their yard? can you take truck home? I've never done tank or haz mat but I've had enough of freight and its problems.

9. Buster

Buster Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Kingston NY
    I keep the truck. Some guys park in the yard at Bridgeton NJ because they live near by. I dont know how it works if you have to pay to park it, I have my own deal with parking and I keep it to myself, truthfully, Papco isint even aware of my parking deal. As for repairs the have thier own shop in Bridgeton, but they have plenty of private shops that work on the trucks. I get work done at a shop in Albany NY when needed, 45 mins from the house. The equipment is decent, they have brand new trucks, (Petes and KW's). Pretty much 10 and 13 speeds, governed # 68 mph. Then they have stuff thats older but in good shape. I drive a 2003 Pete 10 speed C 12 engine 54 in stand up bunk. Shes an oldie bud goodie. Infact, I think their about to change me out, I'll post what they put in when I get it. Im a guy that trys to fix what I can, If I can fix an issue I will, If I cant then I cant. When I have an issue its not a problem, they tell you to get it fixed. If you live fairly close to the shop you'll more then likely go to the shop. I hear all the BS other non Papco drivers deal with, I can tell you I dont deal with any of that crap. I hear a select few Papco drivers always complaining about the dispatchers, loads, where they have to go. I used to be a manager in the energy field, I learned you just cant please everyone. And some guys just need somthing to B*&%H about. Is Papco perfect, "no", but their #### close. I get dispatched to areas, locations I dont care for, but it's the job, thats what they pay me to do, so I do it the best I can. It pays the bills!!

10. surffish

surffish Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2010
    south jersey
    no job is perfect and nobody ####### like a bunch of truck drivers. company has to make money and please customers or go under. never understood the constant complaining. if the situation is that bad then move on. trucking can be a real rough way to earn a living no doupt but you can't focus on the bad crap. it'll drive you crazy. Thats why I feel bad for the new guys that don't know what they are getting into. There is alot that I love about driving but you have to accept that its not a 9-5 job and every day will have its challenges. Anyway,I gave them a call and they were real nice. safety guy was not in but they said to stop in mon-fri to see him or call back. got the feeling that no tank exp was ok as long as driving record was good and it is. forgot to ask if they are union and if they offer any kind of retirerment plan.. never worked for a union shop & don't know the ins and outs. would like some kind of retirement plan also. I really think its time for a change. freight is still slow and its time for something new.

11. Buster

Buster Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Kingston NY
    No union, dont need one. They have a 401k plan after your there a year. As long your MVR is decent the tank experiance is no biggie. You will need a TWIC so if you dont have it start the process.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.