Paper Logs

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by jmcdaniel05, Aug 31, 2015.

1. jmcdaniel05

jmcdaniel05 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Ok im a new driver on training. My company is having me do paper logs while training. The problem is my trainer does like a bunch of stops close together and it makes my log look horrible trying to flag the city and state and details every 15 min to 30 min. Today for example i was on duty while he was fueling from 3:15 to 3:30 then driving from 3:30 to 3:45to pick up load then loading from 3:45 to 4:15 then started driving again all in same city. If i flag each change of duty status like ive been told it gets all bunched together and very hard to read. Any tips.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    if your in the same city i just put down one on duty and one drive
    like an hour a piece whatever it adds up to

4. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Write it down as all on duty-not driving, it's cleaner that way. Then again it;s paper logs, so do whatever you want to do. If the office people don't like it, make a new one-simple as that.

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Even though there is a lot of good members here that give great advice,I have to ask,why aren't you talking to your trainer about this?Look at his logs and see how hes doing it.One thing u may consider is a fine point pen.I use a credit card for a ruler,works a lot better then a ruler for me.

6. Cranky Yankee

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    i bet the trainer is on elogs and this is newbie exercise

7. Paul Geanta

Paul Geanta Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Rule of thumb:
    Every fuel has to be on your liebook at the time it happens! 15 minutes for inspection in 24 hours! 15 minutes for drop or pu! make sure your PU papers do not have times marked on them and if they do that they are not later than your driving time starts!

I always bring my sleeper time ( with breaks and everything) together at pu!

Never go over 4200 miles in 70 hours (60 miles per hour x 70 hours = 4200 miles) Make it look normal and as long as you are on paper BE SAFE! IF YOU ARE TIERED STOP!

When E-logs will be mandatory industry WILL CHANGE!

8. jmcdaniel05

Jun 29, 2015
    Yes hes doing elogs and i am too but they have me doing paper logs along with the elogs so i know how to do them just to turn into them when training is over but theyre supposed to match my elogs and the last couple days ive got like 11 flagged change of duty statuses within 7 hours beacuse i put a flag with city and state every time i move to a different line on the log

9. Cranky Yankee

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    you can also draw your lines on the graph but only flag one stop in remarks at the beginning

10. jmcdaniel05

Jun 29, 2015
    I just know its supposed to look neat and at thos point its barely readable

11. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    Take the staples out....redo it at the end of day.

crunchy and Cranky Yankee Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.