Parallel Parking scenario in EuroTruck 2

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Aarrons, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Aarrons

Aarrons Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2015
    I never practiced this maneuver I mostly did the 90 degrees back, and the parallel parking is required for the driving test even though in real life I read is hardly ever used,
    Is there a city in eurotruck2 where I can do the parallel park between 2 parked trucks

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    What is Euro Truck 2?

4. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

I can't help you on eurotruck, but you should know.
    Parallel parking is used more than hardly. I parallel park at least once a month. Now you may never do it, but it happens quite often.
    When you get a chance, practice every parking maneuver many times in a real truck. Because they will be used.

5. Blackshack46

A video game.

6. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

A video game great. I got 200 hours in playing a trk driver video game. I'm an experienced driver now....
    Lord help us all

7. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    You'll be surprise. Out in the east coast, rest areas are parallel parking. If you need to created your own parking in a truck stop, parallel parking.

Docks, sometimes parallel parking but I see that usually in ltl/local gigs

8. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    GTA 5 is the way to go. When someone hits your truck you can get out and beat his ### with a golf club lol.

Balakov100 and Blackshack46 Thank this.
  9. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I can do a barrel roll!

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  10. Blackshack46

While I agree with you, don't count out video games just yet. It's been proving that video games have improved people's reaction times in real world situations.

http://www.rochester.edu/news/show.php?id=3679

Now I don't think video games will or should replace hands on training. But they are used more often these days to start training and open the eyes to prospective individuals.

They are a safe way to show a situation and not actually endanger anyone.

Navy seals have been playing video games as training for years now.

http://kotaku.com/5883105/forget-ca...itary-training-needs-a-different-kind-of-game

Surgeons use video games for training as well.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17309970

So what's the difference if old boy @Aarrons wants to play and learn via game?

I personally think it may help him. He can see how a truck articulates when doing this maneuver vs that maneuver. There's much to be taught in our particular field, and if he can get a grasp on the concept before he can even actually train. Then I say more power to him.

I don't know how Euro Truck compares to actual truck simulators, but it's just a tool he's using. Pilots do the same exact thing. They can do it from home on their couch.

Nothing replaces actually driving a semi in real life. Nothing! But a video game is a tool and Aarrons is using all the knowledge he can get his hands on to be a better driver.

As long as he can differentiate the difference between the game and real life, he'll do great.

Passing, I'm not knocking your opinion on video games for driving, i just wish to try and show you some knowledge that maybe you didn't know.

Salut

11. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    You want to learn to parallel park a semi using a video game? With all due respect go to school and learn it. I had to. You will use it more than you know. A lot of Ohio rest areas have parallel parking on each side. No pulling in if someone is in front of you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.