Passed the dot exam for school

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by bstrong3, May 28, 2015.

1. bstrong3

bstrong3 Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Cape May, NJ
    So I got a 2 year card from the examiner today, my question is for the urine test do they notify you of the results, and how can they give you your card without having the results first?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    The DOT physical if done with a drug screening, you will get the card because you passed the physical. If you do not pass the drug screening, they do not take the card away from you. If they find a positive result, they call you first and ask you questions, and you had better have the correct answers.

If you pass the drug screening, they never call you.

4. bigdogpile

bigdogpile Road Train Member

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    What are some of the "correct" answers for being positive with,weed,cocaine.....speed,lsd and smack? I need a super correct answer because I like to roll around with two or three simultaneously

5. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Who exactly is drug testing you? You can do the Medical exam with no job, or no CDL at all, but employers are the ones that make you get drug tested. Is your school doing this?

6. bstrong3

bstrong3 Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Cape May, NJ
    Yes this is for the school it is Bradway Trucking school in Cumberland county NJ, it is actually associated with the community college, I assume that you need the drug test to drive the trucks on public roads?

7. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014

Yes, if they made you pee into a cup, they then split that into 2 different vials, and send it off for testing for drugs. If negative, you never hear from them.

If positive, they will call YOU first, and ask YOU questions as to why you tested positive, like for instance are you taking meds prescribed by a doctor?

and so on and so forth.

So if you do not hear from them by next week, then you passed the drug screen.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.