passenger window ghost

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by terryt, Feb 23, 2013.

1. droflex

droflex Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Centralia, WA
    In my body shop, we had many cases where the cables that run through the door jam would get frayed and short out.

Sometimes it was because of bad routing. We did many recall repairs for weird things like that.

Example: Door open, window works fine. Door closed, nothing.

You might check that area. It is the hardest place to check so some mechanics just throw parts at the rig and then eventually just throw their hands up.

A bodyshop may be better at finding a crazy problem like that than a mechanic shop.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    ok will try that area. I just get so mad at these Volvo dealers you go to get something fixed and they put on parts you don't need call it fixed and it closer to being repaired then when you drove into the lot.

4. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Pablo it a 2006 VNL670

5. cashonly

cashonly Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Hi there, I know it's old post but did you find a problem? My truck does the same thing, when it rains or high humidity outside, passenger side window rolls down, both switches brand new

6. PassengerOne

PassengerOne Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2017
    Has anyone experienced The Passenger Side Window Break from inside

7. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    No I never did find it. Took the door apart totally dry followed the wires all the way to the dash waste of time. Here what I did I put a switch in the dash to turn the power on or off to right side window worked great never had problem again

8. Dk780

Dk780 Bobtail Member

May 28, 2018
    I have an 07 780 that passenger window work sometimes and other times will now go down or up. Tested power and ground at motor when it won't work it has power on one wire with no ground and does not change with buttons. When it is working they change from power or ground depending on which way you press the switch. Fuse panel show to have external relays but keep hearing about the dcm does it have relay or dcm?

9. AlBig

AlBig Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2017
    It happened in my 780 couple times. Replaced harness. Never happen again for a long time.

10. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    I had a Volvo that had both windows go down on its own every time I farted. Dealer couldn’t find anything. I’ll never buy another Volvo

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.