Pemberton Truck Lines

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by stabob, May 26, 2011.

1. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    Yep several times I believe! :biggrin_255:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stabob

stabob Heavy Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Sebring Fl
    Well just thought Id giva a update.Dont know if anyones following this thred or not but....Pemberton has fliped it on me not really in a bad way but differant.Now Im not flying up they had a driver get arrested in Jacksonville at a shipper,not sure what to make of that! But they asked me to go there and take his truck up Knoxville so ok but then they call back and the truck is now in Winter Haven right up the road 40 mi. Cant beat that going to make about 220 bucks to bt there truck up for orentation!! And they said come right up and park the truck at the motel cuz they dont want me to sleep in it with someones stuff inside. To me that says alot every company Ive been at could care less about that stuff like your an animal just get in a cage and dont worry about it.Anyways will let ya'll know how it goes.

jlind Thanks this.
  4. jlind

jlind Heavy Load Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Nature coast, Fl.
    What are ethey teling you for miles stabob?? I was thinking of appying there to but haven't had the time to call and talk to them yet... Nice gig though to just run it on up there BT!!
    Good Luck!!

stabob Thanks this.
  5. stabob

stabob Heavy Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Sebring Fl
    2000 to 2500 at 32 cpm so i dont think I'll be getin that new boat!! but the hometime is what there selling and what I'm shopping for.

jlind Thanks this.
  6. stabob

stabob Heavy Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Sebring Fl
    Well heres an up date on Pemberton. I got in the very nasty truck had to run a load up there overnight so much for bob tailing up,but oreintation was great about 5 hrs got to meet the owner of the company nice upfront dude. So I got a 2010 prostar nice truck but... automatic trans! sucks so bad!!! but you cant have it all. My first week i got home two times during the week and off on thursday at 2 pm got a load out sunday pick up at the yard 500 mi and be back home tuesday afternoon. The only downfall is a lot of overnight running and going over 14 hr rule. but Im at home alot and the money could be a lot better 700.00 b4 taxs first week but i had 2 afternoons off and 2 1/2 days off. so far so good.

7. jlind

jlind Heavy Load Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Nature coast, Fl.
    Stabob, do thay use the smaller sleepers now or still running 72"? I'm still thinking about them, sounds like they got you set up pretty good... You say alot of overnights?? Sit all day and go like heck or just the way it works to make deadlines??
    Appreciate any info!
    Be safe out there!

8. mgt1085

mgt1085 Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2009
    west palm beach,fl
    not sure but i think pemberton runs a retail store down here just not sure which one and i always see them at night

9. stabob

stabob Heavy Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Sebring Fl
    Yes there the small sleepers but ive found thats all you need cuz theres no need for a big one its go,go,go no hanging out all day! and when i say overnights what i mean is they do petsmart stores and i will drive all day to get home for the afternoon and take off to unload at first stop at 3 am then second stop at 5 am then third at 7am.been told by other drivers they dont want to here 'i dont have hrs' im not real happy about that but its a job and as you know down here gotta take what you can get sometimes!

jlind Thanks this.
  10. jlind

jlind Heavy Load Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Nature coast, Fl.
    I agree with the rare jobs here... Finding something good is tough, Guess I'll stick it out and keep looking.... Good luck stabob, keep posting cause I'm sure people will follow!

stabob Thanks this.
  11. stabob

stabob Heavy Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Sebring Fl
    Well i was a bit off on my first taste of what this job really is like.It is really a good deal for me anyway the i dont want to hear no hrs thing i posted b4 just is not true. Thats what u get from listing to other drivers LOL!! three weeks it been now and im home on friday with two days off home 2 times during the week and at only 32 cpm and ten bucks a stop ive gotten over 700.00 take home every week. thats five days and four nights on the road with two afternoons at home. And it seems i only get up and start at odd hrs 2 am 3 am is one time a week to start drops on a petsmart load.other than that i set my own hrs all other loads are first come first serve load and unload.I really recomend this company for anyone liveing in fl. Ga and Tn drivers here dont seen to get home as much from what i gather.

jcktrk and bbmyls2go Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.