Pending Felony battery charge

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Self_Made83, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Self_Made83

Self_Made83 Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2015
    I have a question I'm new to trucking and really looking forward to my new journey in to the trucking industry. The only problem I might have is this dark cloud hanging over my head which is the pending Felony battery charge, my question is will a trucking company hire me or should I wait till the case is over then apply. Keep in mind that I'm in a financial situation where I have no funds anywhere after paying for CDL school and license on my own. Any advice is greatly appreciated

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    This is a question i hope you have asked your attorney. But you have to wait for the outcome of the judicial process. No company will invest time or money to recruit you with the possibility of you becoming incarcerated, or have to serve a probation that will limit where and when you can travel.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  4. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    A pending charge is not a conviction. Apply for the job and hope that the charges are dismissed. Don't miss a court date. Let your attorney tell the judge you are now employed and a charge will get you fired. Good luck but don't be an ####### in the future.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2015
    Reason for edit: skirting the censor
  5. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Here we go again! :banghead:

DustyRoad Thanks this.
  6. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    If it's still pending then if a company runs you depending on how quick your state is the charge may not even show, or possibly show but without a disposition since it's still pending. I'd hurry up and apply to places. If you don't have a criminal history prior to that chances are your just going to get probation and then it will be dismissed later on. I'd definately get a lawyer if you can, they'll do a better job of convincing a judge that the conviction or a restricted probation would end your career.

7. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    Its actually pretty easy to get charged with that. Not like we are talking DUI or drugs. Relax.

8. crzyjarmans

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    It's also very easy to not get these charges! I've been doing it for nearly 50 years

9. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    But it doesn't necessarily make you a bad person. Laws are ####ed up. Sometimes you get in trouble for doing the right thing.

10. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    What - you mean paying your bills, keeping your promises, staying out of trouble . . . ? That's crazy !

11. crzyjarmans

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Ayup! Guess I'm quite an outlaw, bill always paid, good credit, and a truck driver, don't blink, you might miss me

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.