Perkins Specialized Transportation, Inc. - Indianapolis, In.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by bandit, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Ethman

Ethman Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    I've been with Perkins for 2 months and am really enjoying my time with them. They work me hard, but you have to work hard to be successful in any lease-purchase. I love hearing drivers complain about having to work hard. From my 7 years experience in trucking, with 3 companies, I have found out you can be successful in any lease purchase if you make good decisions. It's not easy, but usually the drivers that can't succeed in it are the ones that deliver late, can't manage their time and logs, take long hometime, refuse freight, drive 75 mph and get 5 mpg on their truck.

We don't get the whole story on these boards, so anyone ripping apart a company needs to look in the mirror first.

I am a fan of Perkins. They are a small company. I have gotten to know the owner. He is invested in his drivers. They have good freight and I make about $800/week after all my expenses are paid.

For those of you looking for a solid lease-purchase program, look here. I do recommend this company. I should own my company in 2 more years.

Those of you condemning the company surely didn't do things right.

Good luck!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sixmark

sixmark Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Andover,MN
    Wow, based on your whole 7 years experience in the industry, and with lease purchase. This tells me you never completed any of them, you have been with them a whole 2 months now, you really don't have a clue do you junior.

4. msiddall

msiddall Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Franklin, TN
    Well maybe there are some bad reports out there but heck, I can find a far greater number of idiots in less than 15 minutes just hanging around any truck stop in the country.

roaddawg92 Thanks this.
  5. msiddall

msiddall Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Franklin, TN
    I agree, I have seen far worse on many other companies. I am not accusing any particular poster here but quite often, the purveyors of bad news and neg reports are often bad news themselves.

6. Ethman

Ethman Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    I get the clue to over $800 a month. I find it hilarious that everyone is quick to throw the company under the bus but what you don't hear is the idiotic decisions the driver made. Like having $600 a month in child support because they can't keep their pants up. Like blowing their money on eating out every single day and spending $300 a week on food. Like not maintaining their trucks. Like going home for 7 days at a time and then getting pissed off because thye don't have a paycheck.

Perkins is a great company to work for. Those of you upset at the company need to stop and take a look at your own decisions. They have 20+ drivers out of their 130 that have been her longer than 10 years. Figure that out.

Sixmark probably hasn't been successful in anything he's done, let alone being a truck driver. So he gets on here and pouts and yet you don't hear about what he did to not be successful at Perkins.

If any other drivers are on here, get one thing straight, the drivers that complain about a company probably are failures to begin with, made bad decisions, and need to get out of trucking all together. It takes good work ethic to be successful and most of those that fail probably don't have it.

7. packerfan11

packerfan11 Light Load Member

May 11, 2009
    Columbia City, IN
    Rookies should drive company trucks til they get the hang of "trucking", so to speak. Most drivers tend to get into the "lease/purchase" deals because they want to make the BIG money, do what they want, go where they want, ect. Many forget that being the big cheese in the task of owning or leasing a rig is a "business", pure and simple. If you want to be paid and just drive a truck(not you specifically) I suggest being a company man. But if one has a strong work ethic and can find a decent program that works for them, then being a O/O or Leasee might just be for you. Most companies in the Lease/purchase plans are typically set to make the company money, not the driver. There are some decent plans out there i'm sure, but as of yet, I've yet to find one. I've mentioned many times to a prospective company I had no interest in actually owning or buying the truck, but rather just straight up lease it and I get the blank stare and a Huh? from them. Negotiating a fair lease is against the grain for most companies and most drivers seem to in my opinion, just take what is in the lease agreement as that's what it is and don't negotiate. There's no shame in trying to get yourself a fair and equitable deal and if a company is unwilling to do that, then they really may not be the right company for you. Just because you want to get in a truck and own it because your credit isn't tip top shape means you should have to take a screwing to get it.

8. tonymann1800

tonymann1800 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Sanford Fl
    :biggrin_25523:Its pretty clear that
    Perkins recruiters are doing damage control here and think they can cover their scam. J.B. is crap and so is Perkins , I do not know why anyone would consider that crappy lying bunch of criminals offers. Trust me its a lie. I am initiating a civil suit against them and would suggest all who have been scammed by them do the same. Its sickening to see hard working people ripped off by this scum, no matter what their Office Fodder try to post here.Truck drivers are not stupid as they may think. Hell I'm joining the Teamsters union I bet they would like to tangle:biggrin_255: with them? Oh but they have been screwing them to.

9. tonymann1800

Jan 1, 2009
    Sanford Fl
    Perkins Nobelsville IN Scamming I do not know about the other Perkins, These guys in Nobelsville are the criminals , That I do know.

10. buckmanmike

buckmanmike Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2010
    in the country, georgia
    To Ethman, Why do you think making $800/week is good money. I make more than that as a company driver before benefits. I have no risks like a lease payment, broken truck, slow pay, etc. Out of your $800 do you still have to pay both sides of Social inSecurity? Do you pay your own WC ins? How about holiday and vacation pay? Man you are being screwed.

11. tonymann1800

Jan 1, 2009
    Sanford Fl
    I feel sorry for you all, these scam bums are doing it to everyone who drives for them, but rest assured I will do my best to get them prosecuted criminally! Best of luck, oh watch you D.A.C. report they will try and screw you when you leave and there are ways to sue if they do. Check out Taylor and Associates trucking Attorneys for more info.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.