Perkins Specialized Transportation, Inc. - Indianapolis, In.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by bandit, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Ethman

Ethman Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Thought I would drop a line. Been a while. Still some negative postings on here about Perkins. My experience is still good. Consistent money. Working toward paying off my truck. The freight has gotten better due to the typical upswing in the holiday season. I've seen rates go up a little, too.

I still don't see what all the negative comments on here are about. I've met too many drivers at Perkins that are happy with them and make good money. I guess it is all personal opinion. I recommend them. I think their lease purchase program is good. I'll own my truck in 20 months.

Anyway, I don't buy into all these negative commenst about trucking companies. All too often it is the driver making poor decisions. I've seen it too many times.

Good luck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roaddawg92

roaddawg92 Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2007
    texas
    they called me today wanting me to come to orientation where do they run you. one driver told me they keep him on the east coast. going to let them know today if i will go with them

4. TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    They run you wherever there's freight. I've been to all 48.

I requested So. Cal. for Turkey day and they got me there. I requested southern Oregon for Christmas and they got me there. I'm just now coming off the West Coast with a $2 per mile load (avg), and I'm picking up a $4 per mile load(avg) on Friday. BTW, I'm cool with running out west so this isn't a problem for me.
    We got new EPA SmartWay trailers coming online in about a month or two. And I'm hoping Andy starts bringing in newer trucks soon. I'm ready to get out of this 05.

5. dave99dave2003

dave99dave2003 Light Load Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Georgia
    I have been here 3 years and never seeen $4. 00 per mile. Maybe if they give you short haul pay it might equal to $250.00 My acct averages my pay about $1.19 cpm. If I had a lease purchase truick I would be in Nolesville with all the others cyring about how they are broke.
    Bottom line
    Perkins with your own truck YES
    Perkins lease purchase NO

6. TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Oh, my bad. It wasn't exactly $4 per mile. I'm looking at my settlement now for this past week. It was actually $3.68 per mile.

San Diego to Foothill Ranch to San Diego to Foothill Ranch to San Diego-$958.03 (I had to bobtail upto Foothill Ranch to grab an mty, load in SD, drop it back in Foothill Ranch, and bobtail back to SD.
    San Diego to Irving, TX-$2200
    Addison, TX to Houston, TX-$943.16

That's what I did Monday morning thru Saturday Morning.

7. slick dogg

slick dogg Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2011
    pomona california
    i just got a call from a recruiter for perkins....
    she told me about their lease option program,,,can somebody tell me whats the deal?

8. Timothy J Begle

Timothy J Begle Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Dale, Indiana
    There have been many posts warning to STAY AWAY from Perkins Lease Option deal.
    Plus, two other threads.

Look for them, for I am tired of talking to people who wish to ignore the thousands of warning about doing Lease Purchase deals.

sigh

9. dave99dave2003

dave99dave2003 Light Load Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Georgia
    This is not the norm. You were in the right area at the right time. Call it like it is . That was a trade show load more than likely. I del a trade show today from OH to Dc 500 miles for $900 plus 200 fsc I had no dead head. The load right befor was out of Bruce, $588 plus $225 fsc 600 loaded 300 deadhead. This shows that there a few good loads then there are some that are so so. Then they Trade shows pay well but they are not that many. ALot of times you spend alot time waiting in marshling yards to make that money The driver that del right in front of me today was a lease operator crying the blues. You can make money here but its alot of watching your bottom line. The average loaded pay is around $1.40 no tolls nor deadhead. I have some that are $1.80 then I do some at .85 Yes I make a living but also Im not a lease purchase guy. I love it when these leases try to tell me how thay are making money than the next time I see them they are crying getting on a greyhound. Most of them should be company drivers a few can make it but only a few. Timothy good luck. Look for me I drive a blue freightliner with supersingles on the back. I have the only Cat engine in the fleet. Cant miss me.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  10. tonymann1800

tonymann1800 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Sanford Fl
    Go there if you want to run your back side off for free, you will never be paid a dime and you always owe them money. Crooks plain and simple. You will never be refunded all the thousands they deduct from your pay and put in the phony escrow accounts they illegally manipulate in violation of federal law.

11. slick dogg

slick dogg Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2011
    pomona california
    The recruiter told me the truck was gone be 4 to 5 hundred a week,and that the drivers are making 150 to 175,000 a year average..(between 2 to 2500 miles a week)
    Ive read the complaints (most-of-m) and appreciate some of you being up front and detailed about your experiences...
    I remember when i bought a car hauler,and experienced owners told me not to do it,and i wouldnt make no money,and it was opposite! I was hustling,and making good money...
    But?
    Of course the first thing that went in the economy is the car industry so if you wasnt high on the totum pole you wasnt gone get them nice 6,000 1 dropper-loads......
    I made some bad decisions,and lost my truck but that was my fault,,and i admit my ####-ups...
    But i think you guys are right on this one...
    One thing that scared the #### out of me?
    Companies mysterious escrows-telling you you owe them for fees they dont tell you about in the beginning.
    Thank you all for taking the time out to school me....
    In the future Dont be getting so upset when somebody asks a question,some of yall be getting a lil too emotional.
    thank you....=)
    slick doggie

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.