Permit department 2290

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by blairandgretchen, Dec 26, 2015.

1. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I've about had it with the permit department and the automated phonecalls regarding a paid 2290.

I've been polite and restrained in my phone calls, asking exactly why we can't seem to get this together.

After scanning and attaching to an email, SIX times, I finally resorted to copying the entire set of forms as dark as possible, and snail-mailing to corporate.

Lo and behold - another automated phonecall this morning "We haven't recieved a copy of your paid 2290 . . . "

Short of taking the forms to Jacksonville and stapling it to somebody's forehead, what does a man have to do?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Unless your getting your Irp thru Landstar(which it sounds like you are), It is none of their business when you file your federal 2290 highway use... That comes in your DBA-or personal name.

Brandt and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  4. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Back when I was with LS it seemed that everything you FAXED ( was a while ago ) to the Permit Dept was shredded or just dropped into waste paper bin. Usually took 5 or 6 attempts before someone actually got what was faxed and all that time the constant phone call reminders for this or that missing not yet received.

truckfam and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  5. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    I have been successful with Scan and e-mail. It seams they can find the electronic copy where a fax gets lost/ignored.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  6. sawmill

sawmill Road Train Member

May 29, 2015
    Evanston, WY
    When I sent mine in I put a "read receipt" on the email so I knew they had it.

7. truckfam

truckfam Medium Load Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Frederick, OK
    I pay ours online and send a copy via e-mail. The physical a few years ago was tough. We had to walk it in to the right place. They threatened to suspend his license, even though we followed directions! You might have to walk it in, too. Sorry!

8. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Update!

In my annoyed haste to copy/darken/mail, I sent last years.

So repeated the process with this years one, and finally got a "we got it " slip in the mail.

Sigh.

truckfam Thanks this.
  9. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    FYI. They can look up a fax by the number you faxed from.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.