Pete 579 CB Cubby

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by BobbyTTour, Sep 23, 2015.

1. BobbyTTour

BobbyTTour Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Spring Hill, TN
    Our company is about to get a couple 579s. Looking at pictures on the internet and through the window of trucks at the dealership I see a small cubby hole for the CB. Does anyone have any suggestions or pictures of how to mount a CB with the mic cable that plugs on the side as apposed to the front of the CB? Does the cubby hole open like the one on the Kenworth T660?

Thank you for your help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. damutt

damutt Road Train Member

May 6, 2013
    no they dont, you have to cut the fron cover. the front cover is held on via clips. just GENTLY pull and it will come right off. there is 3(or 4) scres remove and the tray comes out to get to hte power connections and to strap the radio down

4. BobbyTTour

Nov 30, 2010
    Spring Hill, TN
    That's unfortunate as our company has a strict policy about putting holes in the trucks. It seems like Peterbilt would have done a better job making it more accessible and allowed more options. Do you have any pictures of the modifications you've done?

5. damutt

damutt Road Train Member

May 6, 2013
    sorry no i dont, im no longer in that truck or with that companyu

6. 12 ga

12 ga THE VIEW FROM MY OFFICE

Oct 21, 2013
    Central Michigan
    Check with Uncle Joes Rado in Brea Ky. They sell an extension cable that screws into the mic plug with a 90 degree elbow and a extension cable that is about 6-8 inches long and you mic plugs into that. Call them for further detail. (859) 402-0440

7. BobbyTTour

Nov 30, 2010
    Spring Hill, TN
    Thank you for the info guys.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.