peterbilt 359 question

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by b14, Feb 17, 2014.

1. b14

b14 Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2014
    hey guys i h am looking at a 76359 pete,

major question i have is, is there a way (and how would you) change it over from the flat dash to a corvette dash? just not overally fond of the flat dash and my short hood 359 has a vette dash in it (and this is a ex hood so id like to have matching pairs in short and long hood)

truck has 600,00 orig miles and was setup for heavy haul,

truck also has a rebuilt cummins because this owner wanted more power hauling his piece of equiment and has about 150,000 on that (rebuilt at Pittsburgh power :biggrin_255: at 650hp)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    The biggest thing will be the flat dash was pre77 and I'm sure the front of the cab is supported different. The corvette dash is plastic and screwed to the firewall supports. The 359 cabs underwent 3 major changes thru the years I'm not saying it can't be done but to do it right it may be easier to change the cab. Of course you can get by with things on a truck that isn't worked on everyday that wouldn't hold up on one that does.

4. Jmlviper213

Jmlviper213 Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Los Angeles
    The stock alternator is 75 amp? On a 86. The new one I got is 175amp. Peterbilt said that replace it. And should I just run a 1 gauge cable straight to the batteries to charge them. And put a 75 amp fuse in line to the cab feed?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.