peterbilt 389 build in TV antenna?

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by Garnotte, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Garnotte

Garnotte Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Anyone know whre is the TV antenna in that truck? I hook up my flat screen TV today, and near the city where I used to pick at least 6-7 channel with the same TV in my old Inter 9900 I only pick-up 2, at the same location in the pete.

Look the factory antenna are not really good or they still put some old analog antenna in their trucks.

What do you use in your's 389 to get a signal?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fgriffith

Fgriffith Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Same ??
    Have a coax coming out at the tv pedestal
    Is that connected to an antenna somewhere or is the other end coiled up somewhere to connect to an auxiliary input ?

4. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    I'm from the school of thinking that stock antennas are trash. Never even bothered hookin into the plug in my Kenworth.

Got a winegard HD antenna and was pleasantly surprised.

5. special-k

special-k Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Southern Ontario Canada
    AFAIK the pete tv antenna is still a flat sheet or wire sandwiched between the upholstery and the roof cap of the sleeper. I know one time during a truck x ray at the border the customs agent quizzed me about it. Apparently they could see it. I told him the same as above and they were fine with that.

6. hannafarms

hannafarms Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Is this where the Sirius xm antenna is also because I can't find one anywhere on this truck outside? And tried hooking up my account to radio and signal won't come through, heck the preview channel doesn't come in right it comes in like if your talking to someone on phone who is in a bad area

7. hannafarms

hannafarms Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Thanks for your help guys. Still never did find where the antenna is however if find out that it isn't the antennas placement causing the issue. Took a guys exact radio from my company out of same truck and put in mine and it worked then took mine n put in his and it didn't. So the culprit is the radio specifically the radios end where u plug the antenna into. So now just need a new radio lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.