Peterbilt frame stretch, shops.

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by cbr0981, Aug 28, 2009.

1. hmtruk

hmtruk Light Load Member

Jun 7, 2009
    big lake ,mn
    frame strechs are easy to do.find a shop around were you live that take old road trucks and puts grain boxs on them. i have done mine. cost should be around $5000 out the door. the new deive shaft and hanger bearing are costly. make sure they put a good sleave in and it needs to be about 18 to 24 inchs behinde the welds for the splice in frame. cut at 45 deg. best place to cut is behind the sleeper will leave lots of room for long sleave in frame. ky in ind. in charges about $5000 when i talked to them last time. good luck. how long do u want to go.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. olblu362

olblu362 Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2009
    rock springs , Wyoming
    Its a 84 362 250 " 36 " sleeper wanting to send it to evans addons in KY to add 70 " to sleeper and 290 " wheelbase 800 hp cummins NTC 350 13 spd tranny 3:90 rears pulls real nice here in wyoming utah and colorado thanx for the praise she likes it when everyone ooggles over her got a mind of her own sometimes hehehehe

4. Markvfl

Markvfl Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Apopka, FL
    In my area Josam quoted my $100 an inch and Bennett truck parts does it, both in Orlando.

5. squarebox

squarebox Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2010
    mississippi
    same $100 per inch here in ms and the ol boys do a d@** good job too

6. RenegadeTrucker

RenegadeTrucker Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Montana
    That is a cool truck, I think you need to post a thread with some pics!

I called Kenworth today, they will sell me a set of brand new frame rails in what ever leingth I want them with all the holes predrilled.

Depending on what truck I wind up buying it is nice to know I can make it what ever leingth I want. Allthough I will be doing the work myself, one of the perks of having a shop!

7. josh.c

josh.c Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Knoxville, Tn
    Did KW give you an idea about what the new frame rails would cost?

8. RenegadeTrucker

RenegadeTrucker Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Montana
    they did not, they said they would need the vin on the truck they would have to then call kenworth and they would have to spec out the rails and shoot a price back.

IT wasnt something you could just order up, but because they are avalable that way, that is the way id do it because any job worth doing is worth doing right.

It also means you would be putting all new fasteners in your frame, if you are talking a million mile truck, I think this would be a really good idea because it would mean getting everything fresh back to like it was brand spankin new.

josh.c Thanks this.
  9. Hawkframe

Hawkframe Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    In Tampa I would reccomend American Frame & Axle Inc. on Causeway Blvd. If that doesn't work for you let me know and I can direct you elsewhere. I'm kind of knowledgeable in Truck Collision repair as I have developed a network of truck shops and I also am the president of T.A.R.A. (Truck Frame & Axle Repair Association ) you can find high quality shops on line at taraassociation.com
    Thanks
    Bill

Markvfl Thanks this.
  10. Azzitude

Azzitude Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Conneaut, OH
    Squarebox:

I'm an original RDOH Member, tho I have not made the last 2 years of Sturgis

11. sandman1976

sandman1976 Medium Load Member

Mar 5, 2009
    burgaw,nc
    east coast collision in nc,$5000 or less depending on your drivetrain.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.