PFJ not adding points and shower scam

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by mr.travo, Aug 23, 2015.

1. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    You get half a credit for less than 50 gallons of fuel and 2 halves will give you a credit you can use. Yeah, I had to find this out once. Truck didn't hold quite enough or the pump shut off, can't remember which it was. They do points on promotions and as advised for other things(merchandise specials), and also give points for taking surveys if the company is doing research. The food credits have been replaced by immediate discounts at franchise affiliates, Arby's, Subway, Taco Bell and maybe some others, but not any McDonald's..

Points aren't useable for merchandise at non PFJ locations but may be given and/or redeemed at affiliated shops(truck service).

Loves doesn't have as many locations where I run, but I used to like them when I ran a regular route where they did have multiple locations. Not going there anymore. PFJ is scarce in MN, especially along I-90 so running regional in that area, you might not get by very many of them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cujo57

cujo57 Light Load Member

Oct 29, 2012
    I may be getting this wrong but the "shower power" showers don't show up on your card like the ones from fueling do. So they don't accumulate like fueling ones do.

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  4. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    always ALWASY check your points...... after each fuel up... or when you buy something inside

last year I had a casher in TX steal $200 worth of points off my card when I was at home in TN for thanksgiving.... she's in jail now...

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  5. Josh_B

Josh_B Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2015
    PFJ also has a coffee club. tenth cup is free, it shows up on the receipts too.

flood Thanks this.
  6. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    When I was OTR, I'd try to fuel 50 gallons at a time to max out the shower credits. I'd fuel, pull forward, then go inside to use the bathroom (no, the fuel island is not a urinal), grab a coffee, and get a fuel receipt when I paid for it. No extra time needed to get the receipt. Can't tell you about the 'shower power' reward, as they were giving out $10 and $20 credits for meeting fuel purchase goals back then. Much better deal, I think.

7. mr.travo

mr.travo Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2014
    SC
    Thank you all for your replies! Yes, I have the app and am always checking it. I have noticed that sometimes it takes them an hour or so for the system to "refresh" on the app. Not always but sometimes.

I am just going to go back to the old days of paper receipts! :) It would kind of make life easier. I see that online they give transaction by transaction. (I wish they would do that with their app).

I will try and stop tonight and try to pull up the two missing fuel receipts on their kiosk. I'll let you know what happens from that.

I don't want to come across as an ###, I just want them to live up to what they say they offer. My thing is if you throw the offer out there, be prepared to follow thru. And PLEASE be honest about things. I can't stand when companies scam the consumer. Prices at truck stops are already overinflated.

8. WalterSobchak

WalterSobchak Medium Load Member

May 16, 2014
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Oh how I wish I could fuel and go sometimes. I'm a prepay with credit card driver. (my fueling contributes to our sales people flying) Go in before I fuel and go in after I fuel for receipt. I fuel mostly at Flying J but I also hit TA/Petro and Loves on occasion. I've never had any issue receiving the proper shower credits and points. Knock on wood.

9. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    PFJ has shower cams? I just got an image in my mind I would like to erase!

10. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    Pretty much do all our Fueling at PFJ,and the Shower Power is totally useless for me.
    I never ran out of showers.

I get my points most of the time.
    Occasionally the card wont swipe correctly at the Pump..
    But I see that when I get a receipt, and they will usually fix it inside the store if I say something.

11. TheHodag

TheHodag Light Load Member

I'm with you on Loves. Usually by mid month, I have free unlimited showers for the next month and 3 or 4 points for every gallon and dollar spent. I've got just shy of 20k points right now - it is a simple program without all the bull stuff that comes with everyone else's. I use 2k points each month for internet access for the entire month and sit on the rest (occasionally I'll run across someone that is down on their luck - counting out change to buy a hot dog or something - and I'll buy them a bag of groceries with the points I have stacking up).

WalterSobchak and Chewy352 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.