PGT Freight doesn't know what there doing.

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by 6wheeler, Sep 7, 2016.

1. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    So I called about a shipment, and the guy says "what's your mc number" he then tells me that my scores are too high because I was shutdown for a logbook violation over a year ago. Something like 90%

So I looked up there mc number and it looks like they have killed 2 people.
    Injured 31. Towed 49. And over 15% of there fleet has been put out of service.
    http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/query.as...napshot&query_param=USDOT&query_string=192897

JoeFuzz79 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    You are better than them.

Puppage and 6wheeler Thank this.
  4. 6wheeler

Aug 30, 2009
    I think it's funny how the people that they hire to sit in front of a computer are the one's that know better than you.

1 Truck operation, 1 logbook violation shows 100% in violations

1000 Truck operation with lots of violations including death and injury is much better since you have more trucks.

5. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    I agree brother. I am also one man band.

6wheeler Thanks this.
  6. 6wheeler

Aug 30, 2009
    I had this problem with another broker about a month ago. You call them up and before you can ask about a shipment they say "what's your mc number". I Hate that.
    Broker said, he couldn't use me because I was a new operation and I only had my authority for 10 months.
    I said I've been in business for 7 years, what your seeing is a mistake of my insurance company not having my coverage uploaded to the FMCSA, as a result my authority had expired but was reinstated.

I Hate these brokers that think they know what there reading on the FMCSA website.

Airborne Thanks this.
  7. Cummimgs Trucking LLC

Cummimgs Trucking LLC Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2015
    LOS ANGELES, CA
    The Nerve

6wheeler Thanks this.
  8. Cummimgs Trucking LLC

Cummimgs Trucking LLC Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2015
    LOS ANGELES, CA
    TQL is FAMOUS for asking "Whats Your MC"... I deal with Epes Logistics and Schneider, and I get confused when I ask about a load, because they never ask about my MC til after they explain the shipment. TQL and a bunch of others have me mentally abused! LOL!

6wheeler Thanks this.
  9. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    When things shift again to the carriers favor (Its been awhile)- You won't hear a Peep about this.

See....These Broker/carriers are "Using" you guys at this point to help suffice THEIR customer base, ONLY IF IT CONVENIENCES THEM..... Your really Not Needed right now....

So that's why they are pickin and choosin to their liking.......

Keep your head up 6wheeler- If you are adamant on just working for Brokers.....You just gotta wait things out.....

6wheeler and bzinger Thank this.
  10. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    I remember Swift's operation was responsible for 2 deaths a month in a 2 year period & they had a good score. Yeah ok

6wheeler Thanks this.
  11. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    That's because the rules were written to protect them, the mega, and harm you the small carrier. Congress works for them not you. The golden rule. Those who have the gold, make all the rules.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.