PGT Trucking good or bad compared to jb hunt intermodal

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Skipper2256, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Skipper2256

Skipper2256 Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Spoke with a recruiter today, got info on the company but not sure. weighing option, even thinking of moving from NJ to PA to work for jb hunts intermodal division in Harrisburg. Schneider is also an option but not sure. any advice

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Zander

Zander Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Stay away from Schneider unless you like 400 bucks a week

4. David_Simpson

David_Simpson Medium Load Member

Feb 23, 2016
    if you mean, PGT the car hauling company?

i applied to them about 6 years ago. they were going to have me go to Michigan for a 2 week training on loading cars. i asked that since i saw primarily enclosed trailers, would i be driving that. the recruiter said no, i'd have to start with the open car trailers. well, i hate heights, and walking on skinny, wet or icy ramps, so i said, good-bye.

they did tell me they pay well, and if i didn't mind open car trailers or heights, i'd have gone with them.

5. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    You are referring to PMTG (Precision Motor Transport Group) and the OP is asking about PGT, the steel-hauling flatbed company. I don't know why I think this, but I thought PMTG went out-of-business. Lots of references on their website to 2015.

6. David_Simpson

David_Simpson Medium Load Member

Feb 23, 2016
    i was slightly dyslexic that day!

i just went to the PMTG site, they a re still in business

Wednesday, 24 February 2016 10:10 (they posted something about a safety award on this date)

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.