Phenix Trans West Shut Down?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by b.hubsher, Oct 4, 2013.

1. b.hubsher

b.hubsher Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Has anyone heard any information about Phenix Transportation West out of Forest, MS being shut down by either MSDOT or FMSCA? The owner is Ricky Wilkerson, and the company was pretty bad about pushing drivers to go beyond their driving hours.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ShortBusKid

ShortBusKid Heavy Load Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Vegas
    If they did it's not on SAFER yet. Shows a compliance review on 9-18-2013 but authority is still active with no out of service info.

4. b.hubsher

b.hubsher Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2012
    I dont know this SAFER site. Got a link?

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    google fmsca/snapshot.Once you get on that site click on snap shot then either type in the companies name or their dot number and there you'll find all the dirt on them.

6. fr8te_sh8ker

fr8te_sh8ker Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
  7. fr8te_sh8ker

Jul 8, 2013
    Their BASIC has 26 violations in 2013 alone, with 150 drivers that had to get them in trouble.

Who do they hire? Maybe they hired Burt Reynolds and Jerry Reed to run that Mississippi moonshine.

8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Actually from what ive heard,Mr.Reed has never drove a trk,didn't know anything about trking and was short.I really enjoy his music.

TST65, Milkman719 and fr8te_sh8ker Thank this.
  9. fr8te_sh8ker

Jul 8, 2013
    lol but that IS a great movie. Love love love his music... and he was a cutie back in the day.

Eddie Johnson and pattyj Thank this.
  10. Stars Shine

Stars Shine Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    I have a friend that drives for Phenix, I will ask him....Hmmmm

fr8te_sh8ker and b.hubsher Thank this.
  11. b.hubsher

b.hubsher Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2012
    They woulda hired them as long as they were as into fiction as they were driving. Phenix pushes drivers hard to drive without regard to DOT HOS regs.......one woman drove from TX, to MS, expecting to relay her load, but was told to take it on to Orlando for an unreasonable delivery time the next morning. As regional drivers, we were supposed to be home weekends, but they kept jerking us around like puppets, and pushing us to keep wheels rolling, getting the load to delivery on time "however we could", until we finally said enough. After a chat I had with FSCMA I have been waiting for the hammer to drop on the company, and had heard that it had happened within the last two weeks, and was just wondering if anyone knew whether it had or not. The man has a fleet of new Volvos and reefers and keeps adding to the fleet....kind of makes you wonder if there is more than just lettuce in that box but thats another muse, entirely.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.