Physical agility test

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by sdpetheram, Feb 10, 2016.

1. sdpetheram

sdpetheram Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Anyone remember what USXpress's physical agility test entails? I know the common industry standard one. Just curious if they use blood pressure as a monitor. Mines already 130ish/75ish. So if it's after physical activity it will spike. Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sdpetheram

Mar 10, 2013
    Also. Heart rate isn't an issue. After a whole day of moving I was at 145/90 bp tho... heart rate was only 110. Yes, tested thru out moving that day.

4. Ziegy

Ziegy Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Elwood, IN
    They don't monitor any vitals while you're taking the test (or before or after, for that matter). They only take your vitals during your actual physical with the doc. The agility test I took was conducted by someone in the Safety Dept & consisted of picking up a box of weights off one shelf, putting it on another, then back to original shelf. Then I had to climb up on to a platform (simulating climbing in to the back of a trailer) and finally had to crouch or duck under a platform that's supposed to simulate crouching under a trailer. When you're crouching, you can't let your head, back, shoulders, or anything touch the platform. You get 2 chances at the crouching. The guy ahead of me in line failed that part of it & was sent home.

sdpetheram Thanks this.
  5. sdpetheram

Mar 10, 2013
    ####, nice. Thanks for info yet again. That's a weight off my shoulders... no pun intended.

6. No names left

No names left Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2015
    I'm 6'4 while wearing workboots and know I would have a hard time fitting under a trailer without body parts touching to an extent. Maybe some of these companies should only hire dwarfs. Some of these test requirements are absurd.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    MzBigTruckz Thanks this.
  7. JJDrivesOTR

JJDrivesOTR Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    There was a 290 plus pound guy in orientation that managed to crouch under the platform, doing what is known as the Duck Walk. If he can do it, anyone can.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.