pilot now caught again defrauding trucking Co's. .

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by drvrtech77, May 14, 2015.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Pilot Admits to Failing to Honor Promised Discount
    These companies say that they entered into an agreement to buy fuel exclusively from Pilot in exchange for special rates. These rates for most companies were cost plus a few cents per gallon. Pilot has admitted that it often failed to give trucking companies the promised discount.
    Trucking Companies Say Pilot Misrepresented Diesel Costs
    Further, the trucking companies allege that they were led to believe that the “cost-plus” offers were based on Pilot’s actual fuel costs, but they believe that Pilot misrepresented their own fuel costs to take advantage of them. In reality, the “cost” represented by Pilot was the industry average diesel cost plus taxes and fees, which trucking companies say is much higher than what the country’s leading diesel fuel distributor pays.
    Since the 2013 FBI raid, 10 Pilot employees pled guilty to fraud charges, but CEO (and Cleveland Browns owner) Jimmy Haslam says that he wasn’t aware of the scam and has not been charged.

this HTML class. Value is http://cdllife.com/2

OldHasBeen Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Freddy57

Freddy57 Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    Sounds like another law suit for sure...I wonder how much longer PFJ will be in business.

4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    This has been going on forever. Truck leasing companies have been using "fuel at cost" or "cost plus a few cents" in their sales tactics for many decades. But no one can ever nail them down on what the "costs" actually are. They have to pay some guy to empty trash cans ... that "costs Pilot 5 cents a gallon"??? They have to pay several million dollars a year replacing pumps, that costs money to make the fuel flow. How is this factored in to the "cost"? who knows.

But who's to say what Pilot's costs truly are. pilot can claim anything, and the carriers can choose to believe nothing offered in response.

5. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011

Where do you think they are going to go? Certainly not Bankrupt...I fuel at the little Pilot in Highland, Indiana every morning and If I didn't have to wait 15 minutes just to get to the pump it just wouldn't be right, they sure aren't hurting for business...

6. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Pilot fuel is terrible. Bad mileage, clogged filters. I avoid pilots.

Great bathrooms though. Seems like most have the seat covers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.