Pilot Points System Needs Overhaul

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by KaoMinerva, May 29, 2016.

1. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    OK guys I love Pilot like everyone else, BUT LOVES smashes them with the points system of Base, Gold, Platinum, & Diamond. I easily fuel over 1500 gallons a month and with LOVES with Diamond status you'd rack up points extra fast due to diamond being x4 points. I've killed them with Werner when I was there, but the company I'm with now only uses pilot lol. In the almost 4 months I've been here, I've only amassed like $64 in points with about 1800+ gallons a month lol.

If Pilot used a tier system, we'd all get rich in points.

walstib Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    And if they used a tier system, they woukd be giving away even more free product. The company pays for my fuel, so I get free stuff for just doing my job. I'm not complaining about that.

My GF's dad is an independent, and he likes to fuel at Speedway. I think he's said he has somewhere close to 350,000 points right now???

4. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Strongly agree. I get my fuel almost exclusively at Loves because their point system rocks and Pilot's sucks.

I will occasionally get 50 gallons at Pilot when there is no Loves around and I need a free shower.

crb, TequilaSunrise and KillingTime Thank this.
  5. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    Man I used to kill them at Werner. I only fueled at LOVES with a peterbilt that had huge tanks. You do the math if I'm fueling 150+ gallons every other day x4! I ran up so much money there man! Loves just sucks with food, but the points system is solid.

This month with pilot I have almost 1800 gallons for the month. I had over 1500 last month so if it was LOVES I'd have made about $72. Free drinks and showers is a plus too. Pilot should steal this idea man lol. I hate this company doesn't use LOVES!

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    My company says getting Loves stores to offer competitive fuel discounts is next to impossible which is why they fuel exclusively with Pilot and almost exclusively with stores who discount well (about a 1/6 of them discount good or very good). Pilot points do suck, but I guess there's a trade off and the one paying the fuel makes the easy choice.

gentleroger and dngrous_dime Thank this.
  7. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    Maybe that's why then. My company HATES LOVES. They even send fleet wide messages stating to AVOID LOVES at all costs! They've been adding new Pilot fuel stops like crazy tho!

8. dancecanyon

dancecanyon Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2015
    free money is free money but i do agree that loves has a great points system.

i totally wish that my company would allow us to fuel up at other place other than pilot. ah well. i'm practicing hoarding my points with them right now--see how long i can do it for. who knows, if i change companies at least i'll have a good stash and the next company will let me fuel anywhere!

9. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    Man I fueled almost 1900 gallons last month USING an AUTOMATIC Freightliner with baby tanks! Come on man I would've destroyed LOVES with this truck and 1900 gallons x4. That's $76 EASY man. In almost 4 months and 1500+ gallons a month since I've been here, I've amassed a TOTAL of about $65 as of now with Pilot! COME ON DUDE LOL!

10. BigMuthaTrucka

BigMuthaTrucka Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2012
    West Valley City, Utah
    Is the Pilot/Flying J wifi any good or is it still crap?

11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    It's only good where they don't use satellite internet and on Christmas and thanksgiving day when most are at home. So, no. It's typical too clogged up to do basic light web browsing in a timely manner

dancecanyon Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.