Pilot.. St George, UT.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by dca, May 31, 2015.

1. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    I was inside yesterday standing in line at the counter. I over heard a conversation between two clerks and a driver requesting a shower. Apparently someone (a driver) trashed out some of the plumbing in one of the shower's before their exit. The staff was obviously very upset about it. They didn't figure out who or why..

I noticed the men's restroom was as mess. It appeared as though someone dumped soda all over and left.

Why on earth would someone do this ? How can this sort of behavior be stopped ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    It can't be stopped ... contrary to myth, there was never a golden age of drivers being the knights of the road ... like society as a whole, there are good and bad and the stupid will always be stupid.

What they don't understand, when they do something like this, they're not hurting a big bad corporation ... they are just make life miserable for another working person.

4. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    That place is full of fail. :)

Roundabouts and driving around the block to get there. The sidewalk/entrance is like some overkill speed bump and the fuel island is usually plugged up. When you do get inside it's so cramped in there it's hard to move around let alone with a long line at the register. I can't imagine is a good experience for the staff either.

They only way to fix that place is to burn it down and relocate.

jande016, OldDude50 and Big Don Thank this.
  5. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Fail or round abouts its still no reason thrash and trash... The acts give drivers as whole a bad rap. Granted its small and busy but what else is there ? They ought to carve out more of the hill for parking. Money money money..

The port of entry / weigh station isnt to far going west..

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  6. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Doubt it was a driver. Half of the customers in there are 4 wheelers.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  7. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    a 4 wheeler ? They don't believe that. There isnt too many 4 wheelers wanting showers but hey.. Blame it can n them.. Could have been an employee or a local ninja

8. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Well ya, i guess not many 4 wheelers are gonna be showering at the pilot. I know i didnt do it cause i shower at home at least twice a month, and more often if i need it!

9. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Well if he used his rewards card to redeem a shower they would be able to find out who did it...

drvrtech77 and jammer910Z Thank this.
  10. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    That's what I thought but they claimed its not enough, they didn't know who or why.. a clerk mentioned that they waited for the person to fess up. They were going to demand that whomever go to Walmart across the highway, in walking distance to purchase the parts that were damaged and they wouldn't get the law involved. Last I heard, it never happened.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  11. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Or a Mormon...

Big Don Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.