pilot wifi

Discussion in 'Swift' started by jbrown13, Mar 23, 2011.

1. jbrown13

jbrown13 Bobtail Member

Thanks Received:
    has anyone used the pilot's wifi? i called verizon and their prices for a wifi card made almost stroke. i saw where pilot's was 19.99 for 31 days. just wondering if anyone has used it and was it any good.

2. Johnnyr33

Johnnyr33 Light Load Member

Thanks Received:
    I get mine thru Pilot Truckstop (Wandering Wi-Fi) for $150.00 per year, breaks down to $12.50 a month. That's where I usually park at night due to my shower credits being there. It's not the best, but it's cheap and serves all the purpose I need it for. I'm not downloading TV shows or movies so it's quick enough for me.

scottied67 and jbrown13 Thank this.
  3. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

Thanks Received:
    VZ is $10 for the card and $50 a month on a 2 year contract ...

4. CertifiedSweetie

CertifiedSweetie Road Train Member

Thanks Received:

I got verizons mifi about a month ago and it was freer with a 2years contract and $55/month and I haven't had any issues with it. Its worked everywhere i've been.

5. fr8monkey

fr8monkey Road Train Member

Thanks Received:
    Pilot wifi sucks of all the major chains it's the worst! TA,Petro,loves and flying J are all much faster with better coverage for the most part in the parking lot.I'm thinking about getting an aircard or smartphone so i dont even have to fool with it anymore.MHO................:biggrin_25523:

6. fr8monkey

fr8monkey Road Train Member

Thanks Received:
    oh,and they are all the same price per month 19.99

7. Sequoia

Sequoia Road Train Member

Thanks Received:
    Some places are good, some places aren't so good. I was at a TA that had an awful transfer rate, The next day, I was at a Love's that had an amazing transfer rate.

It's pretty good for surfing the internet. Watching online videos it's hit or miss. Some times it's great with only a few buffering interruptions. Other times it seems like it's buffering every few seconds.

8. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Thanks Received:
    I got a netbook from Verizon- $59.99 a month pays for the internet anywhere access and pays off the netbook in 2 year contract. The tradeoff is there is no DVD/CD slot on this little thing. 7 hour battery life, connectivity everwhere except the middle of the Rocky mountains one night where the truck broke down.

fr8monkey Thanks this.
  9. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Thanks Received:
    I also have Verizon, $50/mo and I have yet to find a place that it did not work. Going to the 4G when the coverage is better, but for now, they tell me to stay with my 3G. If I know that I am going to be parked for a 34 hour, then I will find a J, and purchase their's for 24 hours, since I know that I am going to be watching lots of HULU. Save my Verizon

fr8monkey Thanks this.
  10. Dealjobber

Dealjobber Light Load Member

Thanks Received:
    Sucks that there's still a cap on those things. I pay the full 60 bucks and I have to watch myself because I go right up to the 5gb cap every month.

Of course, the more you drive, the more places you find and keep note of that offer free internet, then I don't have to worry so much on my Verizon.