Pimp my truck

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Friday, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    So I stopped by a Costco today and had this silly idea that I wanted a bigger tv. Brainstormed it a bit and decided it's doable. Biggest thing they had there that would fit was a 40" Samsung so...

image.jpeg

Comes right off the mount to lay on the bunk while driving

image.jpeg

Runs well off a 250w inverter. With a bluray player running as well. Mount is very legit, but to hold it to the side it took some zip ties and creativity since I can't actually modify the truck. Whole setup can be removed in about 45 seconds if I want to keep the zip ties or 5 seconds if I cut them.

Going to test this for a couple weeks to see if it's too much of a pita to deal with it. If not, it's a movie theatre in this truck!

Anyone else got any silly things they've done with the company trucks?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Waggledaddy

Waggledaddy Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2016
    I can't get a good pic. But this is what I got. 32 inch led smart so I can hook up to wifi at the pilot or flying j. Steam netflix or amazon and such. If not that I can use my phone as a hotspot to do so. 1469414425570848414798.jpg

I kind of stole the idea off of here. 2 shower rods from cabinet to rear of truck. I think 1 inch conduit clamps. Screw in to the back of the TV mount spots. I did window foam insulation stuck inside the conduit clamp to reduce vibration. I'll take better pics tomorrow.

Attached Files:

Dominick253 and Friday Thank this.
  4. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
  5. purpleprime

purpleprime Medium Load Member

May 30, 2013
    spickard, mo
    Are you that blind that you need a 40 inch tv 4 feet from your face? I guess I don't understand why people need to have a huge tv in a space that small

6. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    I was gonna say that the DMV needs to do some stricter eye exams.

7. Waggledaddy

Waggledaddy Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Bigger is better. We all take Extenze for a reason. Right? People go to see movies at the theater for reason. We love to super size our fries and drinks, watch monster trucks and make more money. Bigger, better and more.

Friday Thanks this.
  8. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    I wonder what the conversion of 40 inch tv 4 feet from my face vs imax movie screen 50 feet in front of your face. Probably not much different. With that logic, everyone that goes to the movies is blind as a bat.

9. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    That is so not a company truck lol

10. albert l

albert l Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2013
    On the Road
    He gets to watch the close up scenes extra close of his special Blu Ray movie collection
    :smilebox:

Friday and Waggledaddy Thank this.
  11. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Really, if you have time to watch much tv at all, how much are you working?
    I caught an hour and a half of a Gabriel Iglesias special yesterday on my down time, but other than that no tv for the previous week! (not a tv watcher anyway)

KriegHund Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.