PITA docks in pictures.

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by mickeyrat, Jul 20, 2015.

1. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Had a challenge this morning and it sparked the idea.

At this podunk place its super tight. For one group of docks you have to 3 point turn around then back in for about 100 yrds then 90 alley dock both sides depending on where they want you. There were also two straight back docks.Mine was alley sight side. Good news is there is ample room for tractor swing.

Will upload when I get better signal.

mickimause Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mickeyrat

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    20150720_110908.jpg ok, so in order to catch the "shipping docks" you have to pull your tractor to the right , down that slope until you can back up to the "receiving" docks, then you pull out to where I am taking the pic from , which is the single wide entrance. you then straight back between the buildings. Half way down there is an opening in both building allowing for transfer between buildings of goods. This place makes the lighted molded signs( D.G. , gas stations, etc) for various businesses.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  4. Old - School

Old - School Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2011
  5. mickeyrat

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    20150720_110927.jpg

thats my tractor down there on the right.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  6. Old - School

Old - School Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Why is it that a difficult dock was easier to hit then one that had all the room you would ever need.
    At least that seemed to be my experience. Not all the time but a lot of times.
    That does look a little tight.

mickimause and Mr.X Thank this.
  7. mickeyrat

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
  8. mickeyrat

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
  9. mickeyrat

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
  10. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    That does seem to hold true in many places lol these look tight or otherwise a pain but were relatively easy.

image.jpg

Blindside off a one way street. What you can't see is the office jutting into half the dock area and boss lady's car on the right side inside the dock and she was nowhere to be found to move it.

image.jpg

There's a rail just like that one on the other side same clearance and very little room to swing the 180 in front to setup. Note the other truck coming in that was behind me. Pinned the doors against the trailer and had to be perfect straight in and out to not rip the doors off. Asked the guy why? Said he got tired of drivers hitting his office and pickup truck lol you just can't make this #### up.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

This one you have to back in off that tiny one lane country road. No go unless the tandems are all the way up. If there's already a truck in the dock you have to come in and snake your way around all the piles of wood, dumpster and light pole then down the hill and turn around in the mud hole at the bottom.

image.jpg

image.jpg

This was at my previous company. That's all the room in front you had to work with so you kinda had to wiggle it over to the dock. It may look like you can pull up between the light pole and tree but that grass hides a really deep hole lol Oh, and there's a 20ft drop off and creek just to the left. Then you had to get turned around and get back out of there. A little tight but doable with the tandems up.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

The guys says dock 1 lol 1st pic was taken with my back against that wall in front in pic 2. Not only blindside with a trash compactor on my left but had to turn around between the other company truck and the 2 walls because he got there first. Ugh. lol

We do a bunch of joints like these.

Old - School and Mr.X Thank this.
  11. Mr.X

Mr.X Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    [​IMG]
    This is an old pic I found of the Chicago South waterfront market, and shows the type of rigs it was intended for. I delivered here almost every week from 1995 to 1998 with a 53' reefer. Drivers had to jacknife into the dock, drop trailer, and park tractor across the street so other trucks could make it through between the trailers and the other building. Strubes was on the left side. Wish I had took pics of that place, there was a dirt lot to park trucks and the cops had a tent set up there so they could protect the drivers and market from the folks in the local projects. Load locks would disappear just as fast as you removed them if you weren’t careful.
    The real fun was taking to the alleys and delivering to some of them downtown produce stands.

Old - School Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.