Please explain this to me... Landstar rates

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by TruckerWife71, Jun 20, 2013.

1. landstar8891

landstar8891 Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    Do not be afraid to DH 200 miles for a great load going to another great area...I do it all the time and still make out great..200 DH Miles / 9 MPG = 22.2 Gallons...22.2 Gallons x 3.50 = 77.70..Not alot of money in the big picture to pull great loads and light loads..Are you only looking for loads within 100 miles to cut back on D/H..???...If so,STOP IT..

If he wants between Midwest and down South then he will pretty much only get a dynamite RATE coming out of the Midwest.He will be searching hard for a good rate from South to Midwest...Keep that in mind..My Midwest rate to NY is 2.80-4.10 a mile..My NY to Midwest is usually 2.50 but a DH of 100-200 miles...Do you see..

I haul only dynamite Freight.I will not haul garbage.I DH to get a dynamite load and a ''light load''...In the long run you will benifit much better than hauling the NO DH,Heavy Cheap loads...You follow me.?

TMJ777 and Desert_Skies Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerWife71

TruckerWife71 Bobtail Member

May 15, 2013
    Definitely follow... That's what we have been doing, but when I search, I start at 150, then move to 200. I will stop it. Your numbers make sense... very good sense.

What do you know about SVG? We called on a load that they had, he said he wasn't sure if the guy was still good to go at that price (another WTH moment) and he would call us back. Never did and we just got a load alert on that one. :(

4. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    This is a ''perfect'' example of why i butt heads with Agent OZR.Ozr is big on these so called ''relationships''..This is another fine example of AGENTS INABILITY TO FORM A TRUE PARTNERSHIP with BCO's..

You tell the agent SVG you are available and then he leaves you hanging..Then you look on the board and there is the load..Nice Ha..!!!!!...So much for OZR's Theory...

This is what i mean dear.It's all B/S.All you can do is put your hand in your back pocket and grab your ###.That is the only ### you will save here at Landstar..

5. Desert_Skies

Desert_Skies Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Victorville,CA
    Are you ready for your after noon nap?

6. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    Instead of Nap i took a long ride on my Harley..Now i am ready for 10 hour rest...:biggrin_25525:

7. Desert_Skies

Desert_Skies Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Victorville,CA
    Good man,got to have that down time.

8. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    You can't expect an agent, or any broker for that matter, to babysit you and your truck. They're busy trying to earn a living, and they don't necessarily have time to alert you whenever a load comes up that might be suitable for you.

9. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    Just my point,Thank You..

So people need to STOP the B/S and leading people into some ''fantasy'' that does not exsist..'' Developing relationships'' because it is just that.....BS BS BS FANTASY,FANTASY,FANTASY...It is all part of the Marketing scheme here at L/S..Bottom line is this...Every man for themselves..L/S is the furthest thing from ''Team Work''...

10. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    There are some agents you can do this with Mike, but they are the exception rather than the rule. I got burned by an agent I've worked with before Friday when I was in Newburgh. It's a terrible feeling to still be empty Friday night in the Northeast. I got a fantastic paying load on Saturday though, and I'll deliver Monday. I have a couple agents I network with and they supply 75% of my freight. It's what Landstar used to be, and these few are willing to let it die yet.

11. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    :biggrin_25514:
    Great Post...I am down to 5 from the ''old'' school.I used to send 50 cards for christmas now just 5..:biggrin_2559:Yes we can build ''relationships'' but it is a dying breed anymore...Just way to many''NEW'' Unqualified Agents full of Greed that don't care who they step on to make a BUCK..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.