plz help!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TashaW15, Jul 7, 2015.

1. TashaW15

TashaW15 Light Load Member

May 24, 2015
    Blount Co
    Just starting out with trucking and been working for this company for about a month. I'm team right now..got this truck a week ago and got a load to New York...found out the Jake brake does not work..called maintenance then dispatch sends us to laredo tx..still having no jake..we pulled into a weigh station to try and get put out of service so they will fix it...dot said it's not required and passed inspection..I need to know what to do! Our check engine light is on..eapu doesn't work right and there's a crazy (lion) sound coming from under the hood...we're driving a 2014 international auto shift..I HATE! HATE! Hate! this truck. How do I get the company to fix these issues? Any advise would be awesome.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Neptune

Neptune Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2015
    if its a prostar you have to make sure the button on the steering wheel is activated to have the jake to work hope this helps :)

4. TashaW15

May 24, 2015
    Blount Co
    Yes I know this lol that does not work. Took it to bluefoot in laredo and they said Its internal..there machine wouldn't even turn it on..our maintenance put us out of service but dispatch put us back on to do a run.

5. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Tell em flat land, and pillows till its fixed. :)

Mdick2328 Thanks this.
  6. TashaW15

May 24, 2015
    Blount Co
    Is Wisconsin flat land​

7. TashaW15

May 24, 2015
    Blount Co
    And what do u mean...pillows?

8. street beater

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Ok im gonna bow out now, all i got is smart ### jokes runnin throughy head. Ill let someone else give you a hand. :) between the ditchs and dirty side down? All good

Dumdriver and Gunner75 Thank this.
  9. street beater

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Only gonna haul pillows on flat land. Light weight and no jake needed, jist being a smart ###

10. TashaW15

May 24, 2015
    Blount Co
    Look..I've only been driving for 7000 miles..I haven't learned all there is to know. We're hauling car parts now to Wisconsin.. We had a really hard time comin down from New York. Had to pull over and let brakes cool down...really I'm just venting caue I don't like this company..it's all about the money and don't care about drivers or safety

11. cj

cj Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Probably don't really need the Jake brake , how heavy are you? And its annoying to whom ever is in the sleeper.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.