PMTG - new to the company

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by MrsSkidmarks, Nov 15, 2007.

1. MrsSkidmarks

MrsSkidmarks <strong>Stain Fighter</strong>

Nov 10, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    I guess we'll just see what's thrown at us then, huh? :biggrin_25523:

I hope it was nothing serious with your wife, and that she recovers quickly!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rainman1971

rainman1971 Beamerhauler

Aug 22, 2006
    Pierceton,IN
    Thank you. She was diagnosed with a tumour in her right lung. She had surgery yesterday and the surgeon could not find anything!! Some are calling it a miracle. I call it malpractice! We will see how things pan out. She will be in the hospital until sometime next week. I took off yesterday and today and will run down to Baltimore in the morning to put a load on for Monday then come home and probably go back to the hospital. She is healing well and should be out of intensive care tomorrow.

4. duhaney30

duhaney30 Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Philadelphia
    rainman, sorry about ur wife, i wish her all the best. when is the best time to applied for a job at precision? march or end of feb. yesterday after i finish my run in norristown and eaglevill, i went to office to see where i was going for monday, i was told not to come in because it is slow. i was so upset because they told me that it was going to be busy for the last week before christmas. i want to go right now with precision but i have to make sure that before i leave i have about two months ahead for bills.

5. rainman1971

rainman1971 Beamerhauler

Aug 22, 2006
    Pierceton,IN
    Good planning is an excellent way to start any new job. My wife is healing nicely and will be home tomorrow. I went to Baltimore yesterday and put a load on the truck to deliver tomorrow. I'm going to try to get a South Jersey reload so I can pick her up. I am scheduled to go to the shop Thursday. I don't know yet which shop I'm heading to. Whether it's one of ours or one of the vendor locations. I'm just hoping that they have a spare for me to get back with because my truck will be down for a few days and with Christmas just a few days away from Thursday, I need to get back east to make sure I'm home for the holiday.

6. MrsSkidmarks

Nov 10, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    Oh no!! I'm so glad she's going to be ok...but WOW...what a bizarre and apparently unnecessary surgery! Hopefully she'll feel much better when Christmas rolls around!

My dh is actually going to come home for a few days, should be home tomorrow night! Then I guess he's got a short week then to be home for Christmas. We are ALL sooo ready for him to have a few days at home...it's been a LONG month! ;)

7. rainman1971

rainman1971 Beamerhauler

Aug 22, 2006
    Pierceton,IN
    Glad to hear that your man is home!! Hopefully Dh will be able to do a quick turnaround and be home for Christmas. I was out the last 2 nights. I had to run out to Michigan and then to Toledo and swap trucks so they can replace the head gaskets on mine and do some write-ups that I had. I'll probably be in this loaner for a couple of weeks. I hope it isn't any longer than that, I found out tonight that this truck is just a little heavier than mine. It didn't feel quite right so I stopped and scaled before getting fuel and found that I was 79840 with a quarter tank of fuel. I already passed the only scale now so I can fuel in the morning on my way to my delivery.

8. MrsSkidmarks

Nov 10, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    Guess what? I didn't update...he did NOT get to come home for a few days. He had to head back to Greer immediately. Neither one of us were happy about that, considering he's been out for well OVER a month with only his re-starts(in other cities, mind you). So, he's now in KC, MO...and I threatened him within inches of his life if he takes another load. By the time he gets through there and drives back home tomorrow, he's going to be out of hours anyways. I'm not high maintenance...I'm not demanding at all...but I know when 'enough is enough' and I know when he needs down time. The time is now, and if I have to be the ###### and make 'a call' myself, I will!:biggrin_25522:

He has the same weight issue as you this trip, with a full tank he had only pounds to spare after shifting the load...said this was the heaviest load he's ever hauled. He's got a bunch of X-5's (?) and something else...all pretty heavy I guess?

If I don't 'talk' (LOL) to you before...have a TERRIFIC Christmas!!!! I am hoping your wife is at home and doing well?!

9. duhaney30

duhaney30 Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Philadelphia
    rainman, how is the job, seem like yu are busy have not seen yu in a while. Is it busy are slow, i see that precision looking for driver all over the east coast. My application is processing, can not wait to start.

10. rainman1971

rainman1971 Beamerhauler

Aug 22, 2006
    Pierceton,IN
    We are still keeping busy. It will be getting slow here real soon though. Usually, February and March suck. We will see if this year is different.

11. duhaney30

duhaney30 Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Philadelphia
    me and my friend applied to precision and my application processing and his is not, they are giving him a hard time. about twe year ago he went to us xpress for orientation but never went on with them. when he called precision, the man that he spoke with said that he is not going to take him, because his doc report have that he was wiorking at us xpress and he have 6 jobs within 3 years. My friend could not wait to get on with precision too, but the bad news get him so down. he applied to united road, i hope that is a good company. when i called precision the man that i spoke with put me over to this lady, she told me that she get back my background and the only thing they waiting on is to hear from my past jobs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.