Point me in the right direction, please!

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by Aireal, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Aireal

Aireal Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Garden City, TX
    My Husband was in an accident in May, while Worker's Comp & insurance is paying the Hospital bill's & a wage ( for now ) we seem to be getting conflicting information about responsibilities.

The accident is termed "an act of God"... in short what happened is that a Tornado flung a road sign into the truck, he was injured.. short...very short story. ATM he can't drive...really can't walk with out crutches and not even good then.

What I need to find is a good web-site that explain's his rights... so far the only thing's I can find is how to sue a truck driver ( and the company they work for ) if you have been in an accident with one... well NOT what I need...lol

I appreciate any and all help.. btw...we are not looking to sue, just to make sure they don't screw him over.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    Look for Workman's lawyer in the yellow pages!

LindaPV and Puppage Thank this.
  4. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    Call ooida get a lawyer now....did I stress now?

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  5. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    OOIDA. Lol

6. LindaPV

LindaPV Medium Load Member

Hopefully, you're not in one of the "We hate employees" state. My hand was crushed in Kansas...although I gratefully recovered, the max allowed for a dominant hand AMPUTATION is $70,000. That'll last ya.
    Lawyer up. NOW.

Aireal and thejackal Thank this.
  7. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    I agree. But it's a start she really does need an attorney.

Aireal, LindaPV and alghazi Thank this.
  8. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    My wife deals with some of these claims for her job, she works in medical insurance customer service for a health care provider. I used to deal with the legal end of these things and here is what we both recommend.

Get a lawyer who understands the medical insurance enter of things and who can find or is in a firm who can handle vehicle accident claims. This is a specialized field of practice and not every lawyer can help, even though many will claim otherwise.

Aireal and LindaPV Thank this.
  9. Aireal

Aireal Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Garden City, TX
    Thank you... Ridgeline, that give's me a direction.. or rather him, he's got the spare time atm.

LindaPV... ouch...just plain ouch.. and Texas.

We have already found a couple of differences in law's ( workmans comp) from here and Florida where we both lived most of our lives... suck's to be here atm.

LindaPV Thanks this.
  10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Pull the religion card like everyone else does. "I'm atheist, so how could it be an act of God if I'm not religious?"

In all seriousness I would try and fight it.

slim shady and LindaPV Thank this.
  11. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    If i read this right, a tornado caused the accident and his medical bills are being payed. He is also receiving proportional pay as set out by the states workmans comp ins.
    Who would you be suing to get a settlement from?? What more compensation are you seeking??
    If in fact, his disabilites preclude further employment, he can file for SS disability.
    If you try to sue the employer, their attorney will just say your husband should have stopped before the bad weather and he was at fault for drivivng into a tornado.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.