Pope Transport, NC

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by tml0803, Jun 21, 2015.

1. tml0803

tml0803 Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2013
    Does anyone have any current information about Pope Transport based in Mt. Olive, NC? I'm only finding a post from 2013. Husband and I would like to relocate to South Carolina and they have a few terminals there.

He is an experienced fuel hauler, as well as propane, and also hauled crude in Oklahoma for a year.

Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FuzzFace2

FuzzFace2 Medium Load Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Angier, N.C.
    Sorry I have not heard anything about Pope but I was told Puryear Tanklines is looking for drivers. I don't know how they are yet as I go for orientation next week but the equipment I have seen looks good & clean.
    They have a few locations but I should be working out of Apex, N.C.
    Dave ----

tml0803 Thanks this.
  4. FordFan

FordFan Light Load Member

Jul 18, 2013
    I quit being an o/o for a brief time and dispatched at Pope in Selma. Starting out the driver pay is very low. There were a lot of guys from Selma terminal who had been there 10+ years. Once you get to top pay, youre making around 225+ per day. Starting out, somewhere around 150-175. Keep in mind, this is Selma. When I was there, they had lots of issues down at the N. Augusta terminal. I would look into Eagle, Kenan, or Florida Rock. Im sure there are some smaller outfits that are good, but Eagle and Kenan will have good benefits.

I also worked at Puryear about 8 years ago. I think a lot has changed since then. When I was there, there was no demurrage pay. In full propane swing, you can wait 5 hours easily. Equipment was top notch at the time. Pay was horrible. The nice shiny Petes and Kw's were your pay. But again, this was almost a decade ago. Propane is very easy to haul.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.