post your Kenworth truck pics here...

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by rollin coal, Sep 26, 2011.

1. SmokinCAT

SmokinCAT Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Hillsboro, OH./ Adrian, MI
    Another one added to the stable.

[​IMG]

SAR, Oxbow, W900AOwner and 5 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowmankw

snowmankw Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2015
    My '80 w900 soon to be smokey and the bandit edition

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Arkansas Thanks this.
  4. sparky88

sparky88 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2014
    oswego, ny
    New stacks are on!

[​IMG]

and new bumper

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. sparky88

sparky88 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2014
    oswego, ny
    Double post

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  6. SmokinCAT

SmokinCAT Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Hillsboro, OH./ Adrian, MI
    Had my A out for little while this weekend.

[​IMG]

SAR, sparky88 and Pipe 40 Thank this.
  7. W900AOwner

W900AOwner Heavy Load Member

Jul 2, 2014
    I am redoing my 1978 W900A, started March 11th 2015 with stripping and repainting with the highest quality base coat-clear coat I could get at $1,300.00/gallon...materials are astronomical these days.
    Still working on it as I type, hood should be all done today as a matter of fact. Changed the colors slightly from the original green metallic to "Glade Green", and swapped the gold stripes to silver with gold trim. I pondered that decision for a long time, and after staring at my primitive paint program-self-drawn images of the color changes, I thought the silver toned it down nicely and will flow better with the chrome and aluminum.
    Had the aluminum Budds machine polished, they look better than when Alcoa sent them to the dealer in 1978. Had new stainless air cleaner straps made because it's impossible to buy replacements for the OEM ones, but I'm glad because the guy that made them did a super job, used 2" wide stainless instead of 1.25" and it's high shine and will stay that way.
    Had dual spotlights, but they were corroded and not working, so I removed them and filled the holes for a cleaner, smoother look now.
    I removed the air horns and filled the holes up on the roof, only putting 5 new LED cab lights back up there, putting new train horns underneath and using the same air horn valve. Also have a wicked drop visor I had custom-designed, more to come on that. I wanted a nice old school bow tie really, but couldn't get anyone anywhere to offer me one, so I settled for this 12.5X8.5 drop visor which is overkill, but I'll warm up to it. Should have new nutserts in and mounted today later on.
    This truck had nice tinted windshields that I flipped upside down so that the tint is on the bottom, because that new visor will cover a good portion of the glass anyways. That will give me more privacy, and a nice, unique look.
    Found another nice 110 gal. fuel tank to replace the dented one on drivers side, have new stainless straps too.
    Changed the Horton air clutch fan hub yesterday, now it's compressor time.
    New stainless steel grill surround, LED turn signals, just on and on and on...I always wanted to do at least ONE truck up before I took my dirt nap, so this is my baby.
    I plan on new 5" straight pipes next as well. Keeping as close to period as I can, except for that visor.
    Interior is going to have to be one step at a time, headliner is going to be the challenge finding a guy or gal that won't kill me on price, and also I have to mount speakers, etc. some way before that yet so.....that will come together in time.
    Before and present pics follow; including my 2000 daily driver W900L with a Signature 565 Cummins, 18 speed. I did a boatload of work to this since purchasing it last August too...it's tight and right for a 15 year old truck.
    Just did class 1 brake job a month ago, everything including new wheel bearings and shocks, Stemco Quick Check slack adjusters with visual indicators so the DOT man doesn't even have to crawl under it to see the adjustment anymore.
    Looks like I have to start another post, I reached my 10 pic limit, lol.
    580LCase12-7-14 (1).jpg 580Case.jpg
    KWinPrimer3-21-15#4.jpg KW-nohood.JPG KW-nohood#2.JPG
    AModelPainted1.jpg AModelPainted2.jpg AModelPainted3.jpg
    windshields2.jpg kwroofinside#7.JPG

Oxbow, Ruthless, MJ1657 and 1 other person Thank this.
  8. W900AOwner

Jul 2, 2014
    Continuation....
    My 2000 W9L with ISX 565...daily driver. KWClean1.jpg Changed that cruddy old original bumper Thursday finally to a nice custom cut chrome one I waited 2 months for.Ordered through Raney's Truck Parts online in Florida like I did a lot of the other stuff I get. Nice people, definitely decent prices. Don't laugh at my driving lights yet: the studs weren't long enough to mount in the holes, so I temporarily threw them under the bumper until I buy new ones cuz they still work at least.
    KWClean2.jpg
    newbumper1.jpg newbumper2.jpg newbumper3.jpg
    Brakes,drums, cams,slacks,bushings,wheel bearings & races,seals,shocks,Tru Balance wheel centering kits (to center hub piloted drums and wheels so they run true,)...new air bags over the winter...8 new drive tires. Expensive weekend, lol. Did all 3 axles same time.
    Brakes1.jpg Brakes3.jpg Brakes4.jpg brakejob4.jpg

Oxbow, Ruthless and rollin coal Thank this.
  9. W900AOwner

Jul 2, 2014
    And now...with the new swing plate under the bumper, two new LED turn signals, two 3/4" LED's down in the corners of that swing plate, and the fog lights in the holes where they belong temporarily until I buy new ones.
    W9L#1.jpg W9L#2.jpg W9L#3.jpg

TennMan, rollin coal and Ruthless Thank this.
  10. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
  11. 34kw

34kw Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Montana
    My 1997 with new 7's and new custom tank straps IMG_0104.JPG

Pipe 40 and MJ1657 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.