post your Kenworth truck pics here...

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by rollin coal, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Fewe

Fewe Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Arlington, TN
    10-4

Detroit 12.7 matching color Fitz build... Loving it so far. About 24,000 on her now and getting 6.4 ECM average MPG rolling 70 mph whenever possible and idling when necessary. Before my idle time increased due to weather I was getting 6.7 to 6.8. APU getting installed tomorrow so i expect the average to start to climb .2 to .3 or so. The ridiculous winds haven't helped the last week or two either. Slowed to 65 driving into headwinds and maintained my average.

Still experimenting with speeds, cruise control and whatnot, it will be interesting to see what she'll do once she is broken in good.

I called Thompson Truck Center to inquire about getting a 6NZ installed and was quoted $28,000 more than the truck in it's current state with a Detroit and no blocks available until next year as of July. I like a kitty cat but I couldn't justify the expense or the additional wait time pulling 80,000. If I was pulling OS/ OD heavy haul I might have pulled the trigger on the Cat. As she is she pulls fine and it only boost to 22 lbs. I'm told that around 100,000 miles the ECM will take the training wheels off the turbo and I will see a significant power increase as well as a bump in MPG.

I never asked about the Red Top Cummins so I have no details regarding pricing or availability on those.

Oh yeah, 18 speed as well which helps on the hills...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fewe

Fewe Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Arlington, TN
    I love the 680 but refuse to buy a current emissions motor. If they had glider 680s available I would probably be looking over a much shorter hood about now.

flyingmusician Thanks this.
  4. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    For a company ride it's not bad. They equip them pretty comfortable for the road.

You're right though....you know the story about the more plumbing you put in the easier it is to clog the drain lol

Had it since June already put 75k on it......had a doser issue out of it at 40k

5. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    By the time I'm ready to get my last "retirement rig" they won't have anything cool like this around. Probably I will be driving something considered obsolete at that point anyways instead of brand spanking new. It sure is a nice ride driver. I wonder if you had given Thompson a core motor how much it would have helped out with the final price. They sure do think a lot of their motors. In your shoes I would have horse traded my current C15 and sold what was left of my T600 to a junk yard.

Without having a core though I would have done the same as you. That Detroit will get a helluva let better fuel mileage anyways. My buddy bought a Fitz Coronado back in May that had the Fitz built Detroit. It's a hoss and does a fine job. He thought something was wrong with it at first because like yours it has low boost. Low compared to another buddy who has a 12.7L powered W900L. His will boost to 35 or so psi. But when both are loaded the Fitz truck will just walk up a mountain and leave that old 99 KW. And the fuel mileage is always around 7.5 without hardly trying.

You're doing the right thing putting an APU on it. His has had one on it from day one and it has no idle time at all in 40,000 some miles.

Fewe and Grijon Thank this.
  6. Steve62

Steve62 Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2015
    Northern BC
    image.jpeg

2006 T800. C15 cat twin turbo 18speed w/4:56 Rockwell 46000lbs rears. I pick it up next Saturday.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    Oxbow, Ozdriver, Grijon and 1 other person Thank this.
  7. Andyt25

Andyt25 Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2015
    2008 w900l

Attached Files:

Oxbow, Ozdriver and ShooterK2 Thank this.
  8. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I've had this '95 for a couple months now. 550 E model Cat, 13 spd.

9. KenworthGuyNH

KenworthGuyNH Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Central, NH
    @Long FLD SHARP!! Love me a flatglass L.

Ruthless and Long FLD Thank this.
  10. 2CAN

2CAN Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2010
    IMG_20151201_204607.jpg Here's me

Attached Files:

SAR, Oxbow, Ruthless and 5 others Thank this.
  11. oicu812

oicu812 Medium Load Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Wow, very nice. Tarps matching the color.
    I hope to be posting a pic of mine soon. Planning on picking it up Friday.

2CAN Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.