Power for sleeper outlets

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by woodsplitter, Jul 4, 2015.

1. woodsplitter

woodsplitter Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2012
    all over the US
    I have a 2015 Lonestar. It has four electrical 3 prong standard electrical receptacles. one on each side of the sleeper. They are wired into a 15 amp breaker box with a switch. The breaker box is wired to an external power supply line that leads to an outside shore hook up on the side of the cab. I've installed my own inverter ( it has two standard 3 prong receptacles on the outside of the box). How do I make the mounted receptacles work.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    Reason for edit: can't do what I asked
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.J.

D.J. Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Boston
    I just had my dash apart trying to figure out where to plug in my back up camera harness for '15 Pete.
    While I was in there I saw clearly labeled plugs/receptors for all the sleeper ports. It may not be plugged in if it could be so lucky to be that simple, but I'd guess that that's part of the tracing that needs to be done to evaluate fully. These are for low voltage apps, but I'm not sure if they control a relay that turns that on. Member below me has a solid solution.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    woodsplitter Thanks this.
  4. Hardlyevr

Hardlyevr Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Mapleton Depot,PA
    Get a heavy duty 120v extension cord, like they use for appliances, it will be 6 foot or shorter, and you can plug the one end in your inverter, and the other end into the shore power socket on the outside of the truck. Of course it will look odd, and should only be used like that when you are parked. Some inverters, like the ones that come with the current ThermoKing TriPacs are set up that if you open them up, you can hard wire from the inverter to the cab 120V electrical system. But if you do not have electrical experience/abilities, I would not suggest.

woodsplitter Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.