Pre Pass

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by TROOPER to TRUCKER, Aug 23, 2015.

1. JJKid

JJKid Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    Yikes. She sounds like those cats on I74 scale near terre haute. My oh my ... they are very rude and bad. Actually, the state of Indiana is generally really bad when it comes to CMV & DOT.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JJKid

JJKid Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    This is accurate. Lol!

lots of character Thanks this.
  4. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Noooooo sir. Not I. Just another piece of technology for the man to keep track of your location, and time in/out of the state.

Mudguppy Thanks this.
  5. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Has anybody else experienced this or is it just me? Tennessee, I-65 north, just across the Alabama line, the new "super scale". You pull onto the scale and can see your axle weights and gross weight on the digital sign. Straight ahead to the left is the large inspection barn. Every time I'm on that scale, I can clearly see that I'm legal, but they make me sit there for almost a minute before giving me the green light. I always feel like they are watching me through the window to see if I'm acting suspicious or something. I hate that scale. It's so big, you feel like you're pulling into a prison compound as soon as you hit the ramp.

double yellow and tsavory Thank this.
  6. JJKid

JJKid Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    Clyde, reminds of of that Banning Supercoop. It's like a city within a city...Lol

7. PayCheck

PayCheck Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2012
    ca
    I had a coma paid pre pass. I took it down, if my logs where a little off and I got into a colision I don't want that evidence to get called up.

8. Smooth_Operator

Smooth_Operator Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2015
    I dont know how true this is oand can only imagine how long it would take not to mention yet more construction traffic, but i got an overweight ticket a few weeks ago and the trooper was saying Ga is going to eventually be going to in motion scales ON the interstate.

9. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Doesn't surprise me.... Considering the roads in that state went to hell after that one governor leased the toll road to a foreign country.

10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Do you pull the battery on your cell every time you roll? If not, you are tracked whether you like it or not. Cell carriers track your movement and it goes in their database, then anyone in the government has the right to that data. And, if someone gets drunk, loses control, crosses the median and hits you head on. Then the ambulance chasing vulture lawyers have the legal right to see it too. If you are off anywhere on your log book based on the cell location...they blame you because if you were accurate, you wouldn't have been there to be hit. Had it happen to a co-worker back years ago. Lady ran a stop sign, BAC was twice the legal limit (from what blood they could get from what was left of her) hit just in front of the front axle of the trailer...the guy had a minor discrepancy 5 days earlier on his log...after her family's lawyer got done, his career and his finances were screwed, and the company was out millions.

tucker Thanks this.
  11. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    The company they leased it to went bankrupt....I love Indiana....but they do some dumb ####.

Anonymousproxy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.