Pre qualified

Discussion in 'Melton' started by csw1818, Jul 9, 2015.

1. csw1818

csw1818 Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2014
    pinehurst, nc
    So somehow I got a call from melton and I don't remember putting in a contact thing on their website, but anyways... im a reefer driver now long story short the company I'm with now is forgetting that the drivers pay their bills. But I've been pre qualified for melton and submitted my application, recruiter said I'd start out at .42cpm running 65mph would be fine considering km governed at 65 already, but the main purpose of this post is I have a not exactly small dog on the truck, she is technically small right now... but in another 6 months that won't be the case so my question is how strict are they on the pet policy? Might I add.... I have another actually small dog on the truck she weighs about 30lbs and is fully grown. So yes in total that's 2 dogs. Also company equipment are the headache racks enclosed with locks? And what is YOUR average miles?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

What is pre qualified in trucking? I've never heard of that. Sounds stupid.

4. hizen

hizen Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2011
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    I can't find the message option to send you a PM. If you get a chance message me.

The pre qualified is they check your references, job history, blah blah blah all the fun stuff.

5. Blackshack46

Hmm. The last time I applied at a job, I was never had that. I either got hired or I didn't. That's your mega carriers for you though. Can't look at everyone personally so they hire people to look at your basics and the ones that pass that move up a notch. But like credit cards, pre qualified means jack####.

6. Oldman49

Oldman49 Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    The term pre-hired covers a lot of road. It means that based on the information provided you may qualify for a job. Job offers usually are not offered until you appear for orientation, fill out a full job application,pass drug and physical requirements. Then you may be put on a probationary schedule , until it's determined if you meet the actual criteria of the job.

Mega or not,never heard of getting hired just over the phone, but anything is possible.
    Most schools have a relationship with carriers and may get a finders fee for supplying names of students, even more if they show for orientation. Good luck.

7. Blackshack46

10-4. I guess I my gripe is I do not like te term pre qualified. It's irks me to no end. I personally have beer been told I was pre qualified for a job. Now a credit card scam sure. Maybe I associate that bs with this bs. Ya know? Either way I guess I was "pre qualified" on a smaller scale when I went to my current company and talked directly to the owner and he said... Fill this out and see me next week.

8. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    I can guarantee you in this day and age no one gets hired without some pre qualifying, pre screening or some other phrase meaning they check you out. Nobody just shows up and they toss them a set of keys and a fuel card.

9. Blackshack46

Oh I know that TB. I just do not like to be pre qualified by people. Especially in the OP case where they dont remember submitting to be pre qualified. just like a pre qualified loan or credit card. Now if you say you did a background check on me (checking me out), I can deal with that. It says you did your homework on me and you might be serious about hiring me. You want me. But to say I'm pre qualified, I get hundreds of pre qualified let's of scam a year from businesses. None of them are serious about me doing business with them. They just want me to feed their pockets. You see, it's all about the wording. Two phrases that means relatively the same, with the same outcome, but one sounds more serious in my opinion. If the FBI is looking for drugs dealers, they don't pre qualify them to be dealers. Lol they do background checks. < just some humor.

10. csw1818

csw1818 Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2014
    pinehurst, nc
    With melton you do the application over the phone, pre qualified just means that I have experience and a soul pretty much. They now are doing my background checks and all those shenanigans, I work at a company now. Was is arguably one of the harder starter companies to get on with.

11. Blackshack46

10-4. Sorry this thread deviated away from your original post csw1818.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.