Premium 2000 plus warranty

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by WallyGator, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Hammerdown-Hammerlane

Hammerdown-Hammerlane Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Somewhere, USA
    Doubt if they will cover your repairs. BUT-Hey you never know do you? Another driver said he only paid $100 for injector repair/replacement. That appears to be a good sign. However, others have experienced nothing but problems with the Premium 2000 Warranty. I a an independent contractor who has never had an extended warranty, although I see the benefit of a genuine (non-fraudulent one). I wonder if anyone has any positive or negative experience with NTP-National Truck Protection. I see this plan hyped at almost every used truck dealership and online. I think NTP might deny claims as well. What the hell good is a paid warranty if you can't use it to make necessary and valid repairs. Pre-existing condition is pre-existing BS! Everything is a potential wear-out (Non-Warranty) item on cars+Class 8 Trucks: eg-alternator;throw-out bearing;clutch;brakes;injectors.Good Luck:)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    After years working in and around both NTP and Premium these things the issues I have found tend to be the shop more than the warranty. Can't tell you how many times I have heard a mechanic say "should be covered" and has no idea. And then it isn't. If you have the luxury, call around and find a place that knows how to work with these companies. 50% of getting a claim accepted is how your mechanic presents it.

4. truckershawn

truckershawn Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2011
    clewiston,fl
    Premium2000 sucks they look for every excuse not to pay fo the problem. Or they stick you with part of bill which clearly says only have to pay 100 co pay.. I am on a mission to bankrupt them cause they stuck me for a injector which clearly states is coverd but they made every excuse not so i finally paid it to get on road.

5. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Great, another newb on a mission from God.

BigJohn54 Thanks this.
  6. Mr. PlumCrazy

Mr. PlumCrazy Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Lexington NC
    :biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:
    Let us know who go broke first YOU or them.

BigJohn54 Thanks this.
  7. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    It's hard enough to get warranty service for work you already paid full price for. I don't buy warranties. Besides - I'm on too many missions already LOL

8. peteybob1

peteybob1 Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2011
    new hampshire
    Do not buy this warranty. I spent $3,000 on it, first time I need to use it and can't through to any body. My truck was under a load and needed service stat. Started calling at 5pm no call back. Called again at 7pm again no answer or call back. Finally went on website to try email no response. Did not hear from anybody until 9:30 pm and it was a rude ####### acting like I had the problem. I payed for the repair myself so I could get my truck rolling. I am purchasing 3 more tractors this year and will tell them to stick their warranty up the a-hole.

9. ReeferOhio

ReeferOhio Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Ohio
    You just have to be smart and do your homework on a extended warranty. They are basically insurance policies more than warranties. I sell trucks, and a few times have seen them drop 35,000 into a truck and also have seen a few times tell the owner to bad. Understand the fine print about turbo, injectors, and water pump, and the internal pats. There are some parts internally in an engine that if the fail and cause the truck to lay over they won't cover. They are not bad but I think if you have some money in the bank 6-10K and are somewhat mechanical you can do without them. Remember if you have a new truck 08' or newer and the turbo takes a crap, not only do you have to replace a turbo but the DPF and all the sensors along with it. 8K+ in repairs. The policies do not include after treatment either unless you pay additional money for that coverage. SO DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

10. skfarmer

skfarmer Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Kipling,SK
    I bought the warranty and just blew my C15 up to the tune of $28000. Premium 2000 covered $0. Now that I read the fine print there is virtually no case that they would cover anything.
    They do not cover the liners, block, head, timing case cover, oil pan, valve covers, intake manifold, seals, gaskets, radiators, coolers, cooler lines, water pump, thermostat, motor mounts, fuel pump, injectors, injection pump, nozzles, or electronic control devices.
    In fact no part is covered if the problem started with one of the above.

The company is very unprofessional on the phone. I found out too late that local Peterbilt dropped this company years ago because they don't pay for anything.

"We cover wear out" is untrue and "No holes" is untrue.

rickyrsd Thanks this.
  11. kilue1234

kilue1234 Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2012
    chisago city minnesota
    I have premium 2000, Dont buy it. They are masters at deception! they will spend two days looking for loop holes, and I must admitt, they are good at it. Save your money because you will end up spending the money anyways, plus you will loose time waiting to find out they wont cover it, it my case it was three days, and that my friends is more lost money!

rickyrsd and ramblingman Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.