Premium 2000 plus warranty

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by WallyGator, Sep 14, 2009.

1. kilue1234

kilue1234 Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2012
    chisago city minnesota
    Do not buy this terrible warrantie, they are very good at getting out of coverage,you will loose your claim plus two days minum. This is border line scam, and i cant belive they are still in business:biggrin_25510:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. clmuffly

clmuffly Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2012
    littleton, co.
    Are there any truckers out there that have had good experiences with any warranty company?

4. Delixemodel

Delixemodel Medium Load Member

May 1, 2012
    Belleview, FL
    I just had $6000 of engine work done (cams,rockers) and it cost me $190 because of this warranty... I was not a fan until now... They took care of everything

Skwhirl and Easternsun Thank this.
  5. Delixemodel

May 1, 2012
    Belleview, FL
    Most important thing is to keep perfect maintenance records!

1BadMoFo Thanks this.
  6. Dogan

Dogan Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Spring of 2012 my turbo went on I80 mm 234.5 in WY. towed me to Casper WY to Volvo dealership (thank God I had towing insurance). Premium 2000 paid $4000 and change for the new turbo and labor. they said that is all they cover (because the airhead girl working there sent my turbo somewhere else and theirs to my truck, then tried to blame extensive labor on her screw up). anyways, warranty never questioned anything else. all paperwork done between dealer and them. people at premium 2000 were professional and worked fast.
    good people at tristate volvo in Casper WY by the way. owner was an exceptional man. told him of the airhead's screw up and he took care of me, made sure everything was done right and was financially very fair.

Easternsun, Ironmyke and 1BadMoFo Thank this.
  7. Wyoming Jim

Wyoming Jim Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2013
    WARNING, WARNING, WARNING Will Robinson....Been there, done that! NTP Does NOT, repeat does NOT have a towing provision in the warranty. Turbo died in Monticello, UT 2 years ago. Called NTP, I had a choice to have the unit towed to Grand Jct., CO or Salt Lake. GJ cost 3,500.00...SLC cost 2,600.00...Out of my pocket...NTP has a BUNCH of hoops. I was in SLC for a week, had to have my load repowered, AND had to pay labor and seal/gaskets.....Please do you due diligence and REALLY think about it before you jump.

8. Delixemodel

May 1, 2012
    Belleview, FL
    If one tow can bankrupt you, you shouldn't be in business. Sorry just a fact

Easternsun Thanks this.
  9. Wyoming Jim

Wyoming Jim Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2013
    True...Just stating a fact...Oh, wait...isn't this thread about extended warranties and how good or bad they are. I am sure I read that. Could be mistaken. But this thread COULD be about 1 tow bankrupting someone, don't think so, but...you never know. Anyway guys....Listen to DELIXMODEL because he has all the answers you could ever need. By the way, delixmodel, do you know if there are any aftermarket warranties which are any good? Or are you just attempting to be superior to the rest of us reptilians?

10. HaulinCars

HaulinCars Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Central Florida
    Greetings to all..!

I know this is an old thread but... (As I noted in another post yesterday) I'm in the process of purchasing a 2007 truck. The manager of the dealership is very good friends with the guy who is my "Trucking mentor" and father of my son in law so I feel fairly comfortable in thinking they would not intentionally mislead me just to be able to make a few more $ off me in getting me to purchase a basically worthless warranty. That said, after reading this thread I am EXTREMELY hesitant to spend $4 grand on this thing.

The last post here was in 2013 (Except for a couple fairly new ones (the 3 "New" ones) talking about towing that are not really relevant to the actual value/usefulness of the warranty, so.....

3 questions:

1) Does anybody have any new news about the Premium 2000 + warranty program (Good or bad)

2) Does anybody have a different warranty program that they would recommend?

I know and understand that with the P2000+ keeping up with all routine maintenance is essential to getting them to provide coverage. I have no problem with that as I am a big believer in preventative maintenance and keep everything in a 3 ring binder with tabs for major components (Engine, trans, rear end, front end, tires/brakes, other) with a section in the front that summarizes it all for quick reference. So I think I have that portion of my responsibility as relates to the warranty covered.

3) Are there any other tips or things to do/consider in order to have the best chance of a smooth and successful coverage/payment when it comes time to make a claim on the expensive warranty?

NOTE: I am currently debating if I should just keep the $4k in the bank as an emergency repair fund rather than spending it on the warranty. Or... use it as additional down payment to lower my monthly note and save the difference in the maintenance fund.

Thanks in advance!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.