Preprinted Info Log Look

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Grumppy, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    I am looking for a website to have my log books printed with company name, address, truck number etc already preprinted. Call me lazy but I get tire of writing in all that info every day that never changes & could already be on there when log books are printed.

Any of you guys do this? What online site do you use to order your log books etc?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    I had a book on one when I was working local. Everything was filled out besides truck number trailer and date. You're right it gets annoying. I'll try to look through old log books if there is a link maybe.

Have you thought about using electronic computer logs? Same as paper but easier to use and all you have to get is a printer incase dot asks you to print them out. Other wise when they ask you chances are you can get away with not getting logs looked at just by saying "it's electronic"

Grumppy Thanks this.
  4. kwswan

kwswan Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2009
    mcminnville,tn.
    Go to a office supply store & get a rubber stamp made with your company name & address on it. This will be cheaper than the printing charge for the logbooks.

5. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    JJ Keller will pre print them.

truckon, KANSAS TRANSIT and Grumppy Thank this.
  6. Freddy57

Freddy57 Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    Driver logbook .Com does that, they're over $6 apiece though.

Grumppy Thanks this.
  7. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    I made and printed my own log pages on an Excel spreadsheet. The only parts I had to enter by hand were date, mileage, shipper info, graph grid and signature. I even colour-coded it for U.S. info vs. Canadian as there are some differences and not all the same info is required in both countries. Numerous inspections (a lot of quick checks due to most loads being OS, so always getting checked for permits) and never a question or comment other than how neat and organized it all was.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    mhyn Thanks this.
  8. mslashbar

mslashbar Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2009
    elizabeth,co
    J & M printing. Gwinner,ND 1-800-437-1033

Grumppy Thanks this.
  9. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Hard to believe actual printed logbooks haven't gone the way of the horse and buggy with all the better options out there. I use Driver's Daily Logs www.driversdailylogs.com pay $50 and good to go as long as your computer lasts.

10. crackinwise

crackinwise Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Central Florida
    If you Google it you will find a few companies that will do it. I went through the ordering process jsut to see my final cost. For 1000 log book pages in binder format with carbonless paper it was $300

11. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    That's really expensive. The only thing that sucks about Driver's Daily Logs is it's one license, one computer. So when your computer dies you have to buy it again. I got 4 years out of my last laptop and that was by being abusive with it tossing it around. Probably would have lasted a couple of more years had I cared to not be careless with it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.