PRIME Drivers... What's your 20? (2)

Discussion in 'Prime' started by ironpony, Jun 4, 2013.

1. ccolvin

ccolvin Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Taft, Ca
    Definitely will do, I probably won't update till I actually get my truck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Broshears

Broshears Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Pleasant Hill, Mo
    Sitting at 03 in Cutler, CA. 01 was late loading us due to not all product was at 01 to be loaded onto our trailer, 03 closed for the night and wont re open until 0700. 90 appointment is 300 miles away at 0900.... UGH

4. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    I've had that fun before. How close were you too making it to your 03 before they close? I've had luck in the past if I know I'll be maybe 30 minutes late past there closing with calling them before hand and asking if they would stay and they would say yes. Good luck on making your 90. Remember, push the red button and then you'll zoom past everyone at 100mph while driving upside down through a tunnel and magic lights clearing everyone's mind ;-)

Yes yes, I'm in Portland at the jubitz again tonight. This place is feeling like home. Especially when the staff here know you by name. Time for bed. Be safe out there everyone!

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  5. Beardefreak

Beardefreak Light Load Member

May 13, 2014
    Still at SPRIMO got a load from lineup 90 is in Harrisonville Mo app is 2000 son I'm chillin for now. ACEII is a very nice class and very helpfull.

6. Broshears

Broshears Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Pleasant Hill, Mo
    Thankfully once I let dispatched know what was happening about twenty mins later once I was ten minutes into my shower got a msg on the qc stating sales said skipped the 03 go straight to the 90. Got the the 90 around 0530 and dropped and hooked up to new trailer got it washed and now waiting for it to be time to go to new 01.

7. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant

What........you didn't use the magic red button? LOL

With my student, the fact we have a shiny red button he can't press is proving to be almost irresistible to him. "But, I just want to try it ONCE.....!"

I will not repeat what I said would happen to him if that occured! LOL

Good kid & go getter. He's done fantastic and is going to make a fine, safe driver. (He can press that button in his own ### truck!)

Assonet, MA at the moment.

redoctober83 and Highway101 Thank this.
  8. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    I'm the same way. I just want to push it once. It's the only button in my truck I haven't used and it's driving me crazy, lol. I like pushing buttons!

Just about to leave Portland and head to Boardmen for a pickup and then deliver in Seattle tonight. It's been a month since I've been in Seattle. It'll be nice do a change.

9. Chucktshoes

Chucktshoes Medium Load Member

May 23, 2014
    Memphis, TN
    Had so many outside drivers in at Shelbyville (don't get me started on that subject) they pulled me out to run a Prime load. Sitting at the 90 waiting on a door.

10. ccolvin

ccolvin Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Taft, Ca
    Well got my truck inspected, it's in the shop right now getting looked over. Wasn't much wrong with it. It's a used one with 115k. A nice blue color. Manufactured in April of 2014 my birth month. It was calling my name lol. Took pictures of any damage, what there I found was very slight.

Attached Files:

11. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    And the plans have changed again. Made it to my pickup, got loaded and the reefer died, lol. Once I closed the the reefer tried to start and kept stalling. It threw out 4 different alarm codes, reefer stalled, rmp sensor failed, auto start function failed, unable to turn over. I think my trailer was telling me it didn't want to work today ;) The load I was picking up was a -1F and the box temp was 38F and rising. The shipper "asked" that I back up to a door to be unloaded. Now I'm on my way to Portland with this empty to drop it off at the Carrier repair facility. Frustrating how the reefer was working the 3 hour drive to the shipper and then decided to die. Oh well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.