Prime Intermodal Flatbed

Discussion in 'Prime' started by n3ss, Aug 25, 2015.

1. n3ss

n3ss Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Just curious if anyone has hauled these yet, or knows much about this side of the Prime fleet:

http://primeintermodal.com/flatbed.html

Saw on Primes Facebook a while back that they're hiring for that fleet.. and while i'm not quite ready to give up my comfy new office job yet, it is interesting to think about.

I actually saw one of these waiting to get loaded in Harvey, IL last year.. had no idea what it was but at the time I just assumed it was someone on the advanced fleet or something.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lots of character

lots of character Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Did you see a 2 high one? I'd be curious how they are secured. The renderings make it look like a slick device

4. T_Bone

T_Bone Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Denver, CO
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    nvwine, n3ss and Chucktshoes Thank this.
  5. n3ss

n3ss Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2013
    It was one high, didn't get a good look at it but I kind of assumed it was an O/O with a curtainside trailer or something, wasn't until yesterday that I realized it was intermodal.

6. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    As with all of Prime's Intermodal fleet, I would say stay far away from it as possible. Intermodal is a side project for Prime. You get the left over freight from the otr side that can't be covered most of the time and if debt by train. They have a lot of bugs and issues to figure out and ask you're left feeling the growing pains or screw ups they have since you're the one with the leased truck and taking most of the risk while the Intermodal team is sitting comfortably at Springfield collecting a steady paycheck and sleeping at home every night. The potential for money is there if they could figure out that this is a business and not a fun college frat game. Plus you need to be able to trust them as a business partner and when they don't have any skin in the game, they aren't that motivated to help your business be successful.

Just keep that in mind when you look at the job openings they post on a regular basis. There is a reason they are always looking for new drivers and it's because of the high turnover rate.

darthanubis and n3ss Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.