Prime NOOB

Discussion in 'Prime' started by MONT74, Nov 18, 2011.

1. MONT74

MONT74 Heavy Load Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Boise, ID
    You all are really helping me to make my decision a much easier process, I greatly appreciate all your comments and your will to help individuals out. It really says alot about the company and the people that make it all happen.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Happy to help. I went through the entire program so.... It's really good

4. MONT74

MONT74 Heavy Load Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Boise, ID
    Well I wanted to thank everyone for there help. I received a call tonight from Gordon and they offered me a job. Yard is 20 miles from my home, and pay is good. So I accepted and am now just waiting on a trainer. I have definetely gained respect for you drivers here in Prime, and hope to bump into some of you down the road someday.

5. GSWx

GSWx <strong>Doc In The Box</strong>

Aug 13, 2011
    Coastal Alabama.
    Best of luck to you and enjoy the ride.

6. DragonTamerBrat

DragonTamerBrat Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Good luck, and drive safe.

7. ama91761

ama91761 Medium Load Member

Oct 14, 2011
    Hemet, Ca
    Good luck Mont on your new adventure. Stop by from time to time and let us know how things are going.

8. da1

da1 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2011
    SC
    Good luck with your career MONT

9. MONT74

MONT74 Heavy Load Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Boise, ID
    Hey all, well im tired of getting dicked around by recruitors, so I've made up my mind and decided to go with Prime, I talked To Gracie this morning and have a orintation date of Dec 21. So now I need to make a choice whether I want to go flatbed or Reefer, Im located in PacNW, so I have concerns about getting hometime with a flatbed. Also Im a little concerned with the amount of training time. I was told with Flatbed training would be 4 months, and with reefer it would be 40-60k miles. I was also told if i go reefer i will get the smaller truck instead of the Condo, which is kind of a concern to me also. I want my truck to have the commodities, like a fridge and hopefully a space for a tv. Its gonna be my home away from home and I want it to be as comfortable as possible. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

10. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Smaller trucks... have em' pull the passenger seat. Great spot for a dorm fridge. Buy the TV mount at the company store, and the detail shop will install it for you. Otherwise you just have to be a little creative concerning storage.

11. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    I know we pull lumber our of the nw somewhere... Just not sure where. It's more training, but its well worth it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.