Prime or medium size company.

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Tony646, Jul 3, 2015.

1. jmadd

jmadd Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2014
    So much misinformation from people that are not Prime drivers. Not required to stay out 3-4 weeks at a time, not required to drive 55 (I rarely go below 60), paycheck not dependant on fuel bonus. Beware some of the responses you read, there are those with absurd biases and agendas.​

darthanubis and FLATBED Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    He's not the one who commented about drivers being out 3-4 wks at a time that was me.
    Not with prime? I've just begun my fifth year with prime. Company drivers are required to be out 3-4 wks before taking home time one day of home time is earned per week out. Pete stated that we are required to keep speeds low but that's a well known fact so I don't see anything wrong with him telling that to the O.P. Company drivers are required to keep the speeds low 56-58mph. Though some, not many, FM's in the past have allowed their fleet to run the truck on the governor (62mph). However IMO those always seem to be the rookie FM's whose board you don't wanna be on anyway. I swear I come on TTR and make one short post trying to help someone and then I have to come back to the thread and spend my time making a longer post defending all the little details of my post from some idiot that wants act like he's a know it all.

darthanubis, pete1 and Highway101 Thank this.
  4. Tony646

Tony646 Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Thank you for the info
    I signed on with tanker division. I'm supposed to be on bus tomorrow morning. Still split between Prime and EF.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  5. jmadd

jmadd Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2014
    No free time

if you feel I have taken an unwarranted shot across your bow, I do sincerely apologize. I mentioned no one by name for exactly that reason. The fact still stands that a company driver does not need to be out 3-4 weeks before home time. Perhaps under your dm, but not all. That said, there are frequent posts from non Prime drivers in this sub forum and others that are speculative at best and outright dishonest at worst. I hold a neutrality towards Prime for reasons all my own, but I do feel a need to set the record straight in instances where the facts are being misrepresented to an inquisitive poster.

once again, from one Prime driver to another, if I have caused offence, I do apologize.

darthanubis Thanks this.
  6. jmadd

jmadd Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Best of luck, whichever you choose.

7. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

Lol. Prime drivers get defensive....
    I knew one of the know it alls would show up, that's why I used "apparently" and " I've heard"
    One of them told me about the fuel bonus on this site and now this guy comes along and disputes it.

8. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

I was not being dishonest I was relating information I had been told on this site by one of you after I inquired as to why every time I see a prime trailer in front of me, they are driving like they are in a rolling roadblock.

darthanubis Thanks this.
  9. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    Its cool man I appreciate your apology and I apologize as well. Now I'm not trying to pick at you but as far as I'm aware the company policy has been as I stated 3-4 wks out at a time for as long as I've been here. I still have my original employee hand book from orientation years ago that states "Home policy 1 week out=24 hours off (typically out 3 weeks)". Here ill try and post a couple links to more threads on the subject. If you live by a different standard with your f.m. then if that was me I would kinda put that in my pocket you know, keep it on the low. If something has changed and I'm unaware of it can you lead me to some info on it.
    http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/threads/prime-hometime.92950/ http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/threads/prime-home-time.262371/

darthanubis Thanks this.
  10. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    Defensive? Towards you? Not really. Did you read my post? You realize in a way I kinda sticking up for you right. When did I discuss fuel bonus? Im wondering if you head isn't in a different thread and this one at the same time.

11. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

No not you. The other guy,

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.