Prime or medium size company.

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Tony646, Jul 3, 2015.

1. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

Wonder what he did......

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tony646

Tony646 Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2015
    At the bus station. Prime is my choice. I trust it will be better training.
    Anyway, talk later and thanks for the input.

FullMetalJacket, darthanubis and pete1 Thank this.
  4. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

Good luck dude!

Tony646 Thanks this.
  5. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

And you're right about the training.

6. reuter19

reuter19 Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2013
    3 months of training is excessive for learning to drive a 80000lb vehicle (or missile if not driven right). Trust me after 3 months you'll still be learning A LOT

darthanubis Thanks this.
  7. archangelic peon

archangelic peon Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Guess I am late to the party but yes the fuel bonus does affect your paycheck - adding up to .06cpm to your weekly wages.

You already signed for the tanker fleet & that is not a bad way to go as far as I know, you start out at way higher cpm then reefer or flatbed division's & top out way quicker as well.

If it doesn't work out there for some reason, ask about joining the "North East Regional" fleet, usually run on a dedicated Railex account with a guarenteed $1000 gross per week paycheck regardless of miles ran + the certain regional loads ran in Mass, Connecticut, New York, & Jersey pay extra .05cpm.

The one guy I talked to that was on it loved it because he was always in his stomping grounds & home time was easier to take accordingly.

Downside is, you will have to deal with all the reefer BS that the rest of us deal with & might have to run some OTR fill in loads & local deliveries from Pittston terminal.

Can also ask about running the Lewiston, ME Wal-Mart dedicated, gravy runs & they are always looking for people.

Think you will like tanker better anyway, make sure they take off the roof cap if you get a lightweight freightliner or prostar when you go solo to help with fuel saving - if you get a condo, it might be a midroof without a cap anyway.

Cheers

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  8. Tony646

Tony646 Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Thank you for the information.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.