Prime, Training and Pay

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Jonathan Vick, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Jonathan Vick

Jonathan Vick Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2015
    So earlier today I got invited to join prime up in Springfield for training and was crossed my mind as I'm wondering if anyone has done the training recently and how the pay scale actually looks in the real world for a solo refrigerated driver.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    PSD no pay. Able to take $200/wk advance, to be paid back @$25/wk after you are officially employed AFTER you successfully get your CDL.

TNT $700/wk guaranteed throughout, until you upgrade & get your own truck. Anything over 4500mi in TNT (which are Team miles), you will be paid more than that, figured by miles ran in excess.

Reefer company base pay is .38/mi. You will receive an extra .05/mi for getting in a lightweight truck when solo. So, .43/mi. Add to this incrementally increasing fuel milage bonus for anything over 7.5mpg.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    123456 Thanks this.
  4. darthanubis

darthanubis Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    My last statement was only .34 per mile, no .05 for the lightweight, and .007 as a fuel bonus. I don't know what the deal is?

5. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    .34 that isn't gonna work. Good time to get your payroll manager's # from the f.m. and get acquainted. All of the jobs I've had have made payroll errors but prime didn't make many when I was on the company side. Why didn't you call on Friday? I know that's gotta drive you nuts having to wait all weekend before you find out what the deal is. They might have me payed me your money lol I've been netting just over 3k several weeks now.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    darthanubis Thanks this.
  6. Jonathan Vick

Jonathan Vick Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2015
    I'm really excited on going on otr with Prime I recently talked with several drivers that are on there first year. No one had anything bad to say about prime besides the normal complaints and the lightweight being way small for the bigger guys. That is one of my worries actually cause I'm 6'4" and a heavy guy, and don't really know much about the light weights.

7. Brehon

Brehon Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    Hauls more less room in cab sleep area. Darth etc anything else?

8. darthanubis

darthanubis Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Talk to the people at Success Leasing. If you are that big of a guy, I'm sure accommodations will be made. I sat there and watched it be done as I came in for my second International.
    I really like the 2016 Prostar. I'd probably buy a full sized model. But this lightweight works.

At 6'4", you'd just be able to stand up near the bunk area. But I'm betting you'll get a full size. That being said, the full sized is a .05 cpm pay cut.

Good. luck

9. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    Did this get fixed btw?

darthanubis Thanks this.
  10. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    Yep company drivers are assigned lw's. As darth said in some cases exceptions are made it is rare but it does happen. But I want you to understand that the lw bonus will equal about $500 a month in pay. Also the difference in room that were talking about here is around 5sqft of floor space so its not much. I lived in a lw for years while I was a company guy and it is doable. Now if they wouldn't give you a condo and you were to ask for the international in lue of one and you were to ask to have passenger seat removed they would likely grant that request, and I bet you would wind up with nearly the same amount actual floor square footage as a condo freightliner. Darth has an international, is what I'm thinking correct darth?

darthanubis Thanks this.
  11. moose97

moose97 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Hoagland, IN
    6'7" 340 lbs (yikes - yeah, I need to lose some weight). Check out my videos on the LW's (I lease, but that's a longer story - tanker, dedicated). I really like the Prostar, and only ordered that over the Freightliner because I like International's overall (I used to have a 1949 IHC truck too) and I wanted a new truck rather than a "used" one (even though my "used" had just 60k miles when I got it. Which is nothing for a semi. Consider my less than 3 month old Prostar already has 27k miles on it).

TooSlow4Words and Jonathan Vick Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.