Prime

Discussion in 'Prime' started by littleduck, Dec 30, 2014.

1. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Not to worry, hating on Prime is standard operating procedure in the trucking world.

Its legal, and in most states the minimum speed limit is 45 on closed access highways. If you're driving faster than slower traffic, its incumbent on the faster vehicle to make allowances for the traffic he overtakes. In many accidents, a major contributing cause is excessive speed for prevailing conditions, and going faster makes those accidents more violent and less survivable. Since Prime has slowed their fleet down, the accident rate has decreased markedly in all categories, including rear-end accidents. The statistics don't support your argument.

You're supposed to be a professional driver (have you ever driven a mile under load in a CMV?) so if you can't manage to drive fast, allow for slower traffic and be safe, perhaps you'd be better off in a career at McDonalds?

DocMarten and darthanubis Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

perhaps you'd be better off in a career at McDonalds?:biggrin_25523: The DRIVE THRU is pretty slow so he likely would be UNHAPPY there as well

4. Flatbedn

Flatbedn Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Missouri
    I was with prime in early 2008 and in company truck was governed at 68. Iron pony trl was bought out in 2007- early 08. The first trailer I pulled solo in feb 2008 was a trl reefer. Still got pics of it.

5. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Needless to say, company trucks were always limited...

6. JMichael

JMichael Light Load Member

May 16, 2015
    When I started driving in 93 , Prime company trucks ran triple digits

7. Sauronbaine

Sauronbaine Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2015
    I couldn't stand running 55. You have to drive more hours to make a delivery then a truck going 65.

550 or 650. Ill take the 650 a day. I couldn't stand running so slow. It makes life harder because your constantly running more hours and having less time at night to read a book before bed or what not.

8. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Wrong. Purple Long Nose Prime trucks were governed at 80mph in the 90's.

Highway101, michaelg and 123456 Thank this.
  9. Highway101

Highway101 Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Fallon, Nevada
    Yeah, used to have one of the fastest trucks fleets around I was told,

10. Prime-Mate

Prime-Mate Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Started in 08, truck ran 78mph. ... Much better set to 65, and the appointments are more realistic. Me thinks all these Super-Truckers need to impress themselves, with their ignorance..

11. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Nah you don't know what you're talking about. I run 75mph and arrive at the shipper/receiver a day early. When I pull in the window clerk sprints outside to check me in while I'm in my truck then sprints to the back of my trailer opens my doors and guides me into a dock. Next not one but two forklifts drivers begin loading/unloading. Its like a NASCAR pit stop and if it ever takes more than ten minutes they give me a coupon for free meal at TA. When I use the meal coupon I like to sit at the bar and initiate a conversation with other drivers so I look over at the stranger sitting next to me and and awkwardly open the conversation with the phrase "you just can't make any money out here anymore". And afterwards I race off at 75mph but unfortunately I stop ten or more times in a shift so I pass the same 58mph truck all day long.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.