Problem with 2013 Coronado Check Engine Light

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by MAD4, May 7, 2015.

1. MAD4

MAD4 Bobtail Member

May 5, 2015
    When fully loaded the check engine light comes on randomly. Comes up with 9 different codes. Data bus error, engine temp, engine torqe, etc. The DEF gage flashes red, empty and then resets itself. Have been to dealer twice and they can't seem to find the problem.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    j1939 wires are touching to the ground somewhere . open the key(don't start the engine), have somebody to monitor gauges and you try to move engine harness .

4. RSQ20

RSQ20 Medium Load Member

Or a bad/Loose connector, wiggle test is the fastest and easiest diagnostic...

.. Philip

5. mgrantes

mgrantes Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2013
    You'd think that the dealer would've already done the wiggle test lol

6. TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I've had 2 dealers, in a row, misdiagnose a problem. One of them proposed a $10k solution. Both missed the air leak, which was the REAL culprit.

7. TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I've heard of some of the Cascadias having issues with flickering or irradically functioning dash lights and guages. In their case, a section of the harness was rubbing against the firewall. Our Coronados have a ton more space their than the Cascadias. But it's worth investigating. I agree about the short/grounding out somewhere.

Get it figured out soon though because electrical issues are often fire issues!

8. Chip S

Chip S Light Load Member

May 27, 2013
    Texas
    Sounds like your PT CAN is shorting out somewhere. Check the harness above the trans, going from the ACM to the one box. The harnesses like to rub on either side of the trans.

9. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    Unless my KW 680 says stop I dont care what it says it usually goes away in a day or two....

Captain Dave

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.