Problem with temp takes long

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by MIke1994dk, Jul 6, 2015.

1. MIke1994dk

MIke1994dk Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Hello my name is mike i own 2009 termo king sb210
    I set my reffer -10 loaded with froozen product on hot sunny day 100F
    and my reffer only goes to 16 in arizona
    please help does it has to get to -10 no metter what or and how long it takes thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ssand Man

Ssand Man Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2015
    10 miles from no where!
    100 degrees is hot! Heat coming off the asphalt! Hot!!
    However, yes. It should still cool down to set temperature, or very close to it. If you precooled your trailer before loading, there shouldn't be that much of a problem. My guess is there is a problem with your reefer. Probably low on refrigerate.

4. Moneymike

Moneymike Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Well my first question would be what was the temp of the product that you loaded. Remember a reefer just maintains temp of the product on it. Then check to make sure your wagon is sealing up good. In 100 degree heat daytime hours you prob be lucky to get down to 0 or so really. That 210 is a good unit but they got bigger ones that will pull harder. I was looking at a wagon with a 310 on it the other day.

el

Tall Mike Thanks this.
  5. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    SB210 units are barely enough when unit and trailer were new after awhile the wall insulation in trailer loses some of its efficiency and unit struggles to keep up in high heat .. Whatever fuel savings that were had can be lost in one shot if a big claim happens .. Swing by thermoking and get it checked out but it's possible that it's trying to overcome to many conditions it wasn't designed for

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.